Widest Tire uCan Run on JK?

Jacalore

What's the widest tire you can run on a JK without spacers or lift?

Was on beach today and saw a wrangler running wide tires that didn't appear to be lifted. Looked great! And motoring right along. I'm curious... liked the look.

GraniteCrystal

It'll motor right along till he tries to turn. It's the turn radius that'll suck if you try to go super wide.

Also, was he on stock wheels? Backspacing will be a determining factor.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
What's the widest tire you can run on a JK without spacers or lift?

Was on beach today and saw a wrangler running wide tires that didn't appear to be lifted. Looked great! And motoring right along. I'm curious... liked the look.

It'll motor right along till he tries to turn. It's the turn radius that'll suck if you try to go super wide.

Also, was he on stock wheels? Backspacing will be a determining factor.

As granite said you can pretty much run as wide of a tire as you like. Only issue then becomes coils and shocks getting in the way and the ability to turn at all basically goes away. Now with major modification it can be done but idk if I would want to do it lol

Now for a serious answer, the widest tires you can run stock without spacer or even new wheels and not rub would be a 10.5" wide tire. A 12.5" wide tire will rub at full lock unless you adjust your steer stops or run spacer

Jacalore

Now for a serious answer, the widest tires you can run stock without spacer or even new wheels and not rub would be a 10.5" wide tire. A 12.5" wide tire will rub at full lock unless you adjust your steer stops or run spacer

Thank you, that's what I was looking for.

quertyman

Stack 3 sets of these baby's together and you should be able to run at least 15.5s. If you want to go wider simply add more spacers. D7B2A4A8-BC08-4878-9CD5-1C07AB2DC42C-7807-00000557B5FF1E01.jpeg

Jacalore

I hope there is sarcasm in your post.
Difficult to tell...
Not sure when I'm receiving valid advice. I get it, rook pays dues, but I'm honestly looking for experienced jeepers to lay out the best options. Sometimes I can't resist either on sites where I'm an expert. Human nature! [emoji12]

Top Bottom