Metal cloak overland fenders

tanmanjk

Question guys, I have a deal landed with someone for some metal cloak overland fenders. Question is if the Jeep will look crazy if I put them on with the stock tires, will the increase in gap look too crazy even when I get some 33's?

Sent from my SM-G935V using WAYALIFE mobile app

R

RockyMtnAnvil

I know it seems funny, but metal fenders aren't as good as plastic. If Tom had still had stock fenders, he may have broken one off, but not dented his Jeep.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

I would limit that a bit to "factory plastic". Dented my rear corner panel brushing up against a boulder with plastic Bushwackers (the fender never even flexed), watch a buddy hook his front MCE fender on a boulder, the fender folded beautifully and then collapsed the front corner panel before tearing out the sheet metal screws (much like the above photo). I like my metal fenders, I have rubbed/hooked them without issue... but if I had it to do all over again the factory fenders with factory clips, sawzaw, sander and some door edge trim. :thumb:

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
I would limit that a bit to "factory plastic". Dented my rear corner panel brushing up against a boulder with plastic Bushwackers (the fender never even flexed), watch a buddy hook his front MCE fender on a boulder, the fender folded beautifully and then collapsed the front corner panel before tearing out the sheet metal screws (much like the above photo). I like my metal fenders, I have rubbed/hooked them without issue... but if I had it to do all over again the factory fenders with factory clips, sawzaw, sander and some door edge trim. :thumb:

We agree on that. After a lot of research, I'm just going to cut mine.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom