Brake job

scarface24

I'm looking to upgrade my 13 jku rubicon to heavy duty towing brakes. Found a nice package on rock auto. Anybody have any experience doing this themselves? I have done disc brakes before but I haven't messed with rear brakes with the drum rotor combination. Any thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
I'm looking to upgrade my 13 jku rubicon to heavy duty towing brakes. Found a nice package on rock auto. Anybody have any experience doing this themselves? I have done disc brakes before but I haven't messed with rear brakes with the drum rotor combination. Any thoughts?

Post a link to it, so everyone can see what you are talking about. :hmm:

jeeeep

Hooked
personally I don't care for rockauto, I've ordered a few items and the quality was about as cheap as could get, I can tell you from experience the rotors they sell are so thin they cannot be turned if they get marred.
for towing i'd go dynatrac all day long if you have the budget and definitely if your tires are 35 or larger.

35 and smaller I'd look at powerstop as an alternative

I used to tow a 5x8 equipment trailer when I had 315 tires the powerstop did much better than stock...dynatrac is still the best imo

scarface24

Thanks guys I really appreciate it. With these heavy duty brakes would there be an issue with the caliper touching the stock wheels? I noticed with that dynatrac setup it was pretty tight.

zimm

Caught the Bug
I love when someone doesn't read the information given in the previous post. :idontknow:

Top Bottom