Front brake line extensions routing

Zevulin

Curious if anyone has a pic of how the front brake line extensions should be routed on a JK, I'm assuming just like the stock one but it won't have the stock mounting bracket as in the pic, correct?
. 20170518_172904.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using WAYALIFE mobile app

R

RockyMtnAnvil

I run mine behind the shock... a zip tie around the shock body and a small bungy (w/o the hooks) around the brake lines/wires. Allows for the lines to move, but keeps them from rubbing the tire at full turn... Best picture I have, sorry.

View attachment 259237

Frydaddy

I still have the stock brake line, but i found a trick to add a few more inches for my lift. I used an insulated P-clip drilled into the edge of the spring perch. This keeps it away from both the spring and the shock and safe from any trail obstacles. (shock is removed in this picture)

That stock bracket has a kung-fu grip on the line. If an emergency arises, I would prefer the bracket to fail before the line.

SHmUcKy - Imgur.jpg

For reference, the original mounting bracket is at the bottom of the picture. I used an angle grinder to CAREFULLY score a line on the bottom and weaken its vice-like grip on the line.

Top Bottom