2013 rubicon manual trans noise @ 1441 miles help!! Video

NOPULP13

Hey guys its been 28 days of owning my 2013 2 door 6 speed manual Rubicon I have been babying it so far and heard a noise coming from transmission on saturday and didnt here it again only happens when the jeep is warmed up taking it to the dealer saturday but I need a heads up before I go has anyone else had this noise what could it be other then the noise the trans is shifting fine not slipping just worries me video is about a min turn the volume up a bit sorry its filmed with my cell so Im not sure how good the quality is but with the volume up you can hear what im talking about. thanks in advance guys!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWMXp0cPchQ&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Last edited:

JKAnimal

Caught the Bug
There is another thread on this. Seems like a few people are having this problem. Let me find the link.

WAYALIFE APP 🍺

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Oh man, do I feel your pain. Just be glad that you're still under warranty. My dealership doesn't even want to fix my new 2011 transmission. They asked me to bring in my old 2007 and just fix it.

NOPULP13

**update**

Just got the jeep back from the dealer was so happy to get it back and drove right to work, didn't listen to it closely as I was late. Listening to the jeep later I found the same noise I heard before was still there and had gotten worse! Not only that but it had a friend now! The clutch squeals when engaged! Called them back they said they had 3 techs drive the car and heard nothing I responded but u only put three miles on the truck the guy goes silent and says well just in the lot. I think it's BS and they didn't touch it! I wanted to bring it right back they told me I have to wait for a appointment which is the 11th of march I told them so I brought it to u with a trans problem and you had it for 7 days gave it back to me with the same problem and want me to drive it like this for 2 weeks?! The guy responds '' sir you don't have a trans problem, you have a rattle coming from the trans. '' In my book that is a fk-in problem! He tells me we will see u on the 11th. Now with the clutch making noise I'm even more mad/worried they have two more cracks at this before I can file a lemon law what do you guys think? Here is the video!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ox6mm3vBoBM&feature=youtube_gdata_player

JKAnimal

Caught the Bug
Listened to the video and can deff. tell that sound is abnormal. I have a 12 6-speed manual also and it has never sounded like that!

It almost sounds like something is binding or rubbing....???? Dealers suck for the most part! Good luck!

WAYALIFE APP 🍺

Top Bottom