Auto
3.73 gears
Rubi wheels

Lift specs:

New Rancho 2"...ordering Monday

Tires I am looking at.

Mastercraft Courser MXT 295/70/17 @ 59 lbs E load @ $206 each
Mastercraft Courser MXT 315/70/17 @ 63 lbs D load @ $236 each
Nitto Trail Grapplers 295/70/17 @ 69.84 lbs:eek: E load @ 271 each. Not including discount from DT starting Monday.

Now I know larger and heavier tires mean components wear out quicker. I am contemplating getting the 315's instead of the 295's in the Master's instead of the Nitto's. Cooper makes the Master's and have read good reviews. I like that they are sipped as well. They are very affordable for 295's 5 are a little over $1000 and 315's under $1200. live in CO and do hit the mountains often. I feel I still might suffer with the 315's as I do not plan to re-gear anytime soon.

Real world thoughts and experiences appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

tippedover

It sounds to me you answered your own question with the master mxt 315. I would assume that tire is as good as the other coopers. Lots of people run coopers and they swear by them.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Since you do live in Colorado just make sure you get a tire that is sipped and has great snow ratings. That's all I would really worry about picking out a tire.

As for size, just get the 315's and suck up the extra cost! Lol

Andy5160

Hooked
315 no doubt you will never regret it as to which brend is entirely your choice and it seems you made it already!!!!!

catahoula

Caught the Bug
Since you do live in Colorado just make sure you get a tire that is sipped and has great snow ratings. That's all I would really worry about picking out a tire.

As for size, just get the 315's and suck up the extra cost! Lol
Yes sipped and will check snow rating. I warned the wife on "extra" shit down the road. Lol!

Sent from my XT1080 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Draconianwinter

It will definitely be sluggish up hill. I have 4.10 ratio with the 3.6 liter engine, and I lose speed going up the mountains in Tennessee with my 35s. It's nothing major for me though I am not ever worried about speed either lol

Sent from my SM-N920V using WAYALIFE mobile app

enfielded0405

Congrats on the lift. I have 33" tires with an auto and 3.73 with a 3.8L. It is really sluggish and a dog on the highway. With 35"s I would never use OD personally. As it is with 33 I rarely use it except dead flat land. As soon as I hit the mountains it is OD off all the time. Good luck with your choice.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Clutch

Caught the Bug
Awesome! I vote 315 MXTs, you're driving a jeep not a Corvette. 315's can drive over more shit thank 295s (marginally of course) who cares if you can't pass cars?

Sent from my XT1080 using WAYALIFE mobile app

DeJkUnlimited

Caught the Bug
I have the 35" MXTs and have been extremely pleased. They've seen plenty of hwy miles and I was at Rausch Creek at the beginning of April and they performed well there too. And they look great also. IMO an excellent tire for the $.

boardsurfer

Do it once, do it right. Get the 315s and start saving for re-gear. It will be sluggish, but once you put it in 4L, you'll be just fine. You're in the Pueblo area right? It's fairly flat out there at least.

Top Bottom