Jk Cb mounting positions.

Big E INC

I got my cb, been looking for a good location to mount it. Where do you have yours?(pics please) and does it interfer with any passenger/driver movement?

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my LG-H811 using WAYALIFE mobile app

mo0s3

I have mine above my mirror IMG_6168.jpg . I believe it is a Rugged Ridge mount, i will say this it does vibrate a bit and is a little annoying.
My brother has the rock hard cage with his mounted in a similar position that is held in place my a KC light mount with no vibration I think it is similar to what Eddie uses.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

Big E INC

I have mine above my mirror View attachment 259773 . I believe it is a Rugged Ridge mount, i will say this it does vibrate a bit and is a little annoying.
My brother has the rock hard cage with his mounted in a similar position that is held in place my a KC light mount with no vibration I think it is similar to what Eddie uses.

Thanks for the info on the vibration that was one of the mounts I've been thinking about

Sent from my LG-H811 using WAYALIFE mobile app

PHX JK

I Bought the Strike Force Zebra Mount for my Cobra 29
I have Not Mounted it just yet I have to buy an Antenna and SWR Meter to tune it. Just Mounted the EVO Pro Hinge Tire carrier just need to get around to the Mount and I already have ran the Coax. I'd have pics If I were not attacked by the flu.
PHX

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
The strike force one is small and in a good position. I ran it for 4 years before I got my cage. I have a cobra 29 and it bounced around a bit on there when I first had it but not any worse than the rugged ridge one I had before. I took a zip tie and looped it around the back of the radio and the footman loop and it didn't move at all. 4 years 60k+ miles it held up.

Draconianwinter

The strike force one is small and in a good position. I ran it for 4 years before I got my cage. I have a cobra 29 and it bounced around a bit on there when I first had it but not any worse than the rugged ridge one I had before. I took a zip tie and looped it around the back of the radio and the footman loop and it didn't move at all. 4 years 60k+ miles it held up.

Thanks for the info [emoji106] definitely good to hear it will work for me since I will likely be getting a 29 to put in the jeep.

Sent from my SM-N920V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Andy5160

Hooked
I have Cobra 29 LX mounted above the rear view mirror using RR mounting bracket. It is bouncing a bit but not to the point where it is annoying however if I were to relocate it , it would go the passenger side right of the shifter using Qtec mount.

SHHHWAY

My radio was fine with the Rugged Ridge and a few zip ties,,, copied Eddie with KC light mount when I installed the HR Sport Cage,, solid mount if you ever go that route..
20170518_194355.jpeg

Sent from my SM-N910P using WAYALIFE mobile app

BobNH

My 520xl is mounted drivers side of the center console, up near the dash. There was a screw already there, I just pulled it out and put it through the mounting plate. It is only in the way of moving the seat forward, which I rarely do thanks to the bizarre Jeep idea to remove the folding drivers seat when they went from TJ to JK. The mount get loose after a while and has to be tightened, but overall nice and low, out of the way. The mic sits right in the console change holder.

Sent from my SM-N910V using WAYALIFE mobile app

wjtstudios

Hooked
I went with the bearcat 880 mounted in the Tuffy center console. It is out of the way and gives me a secure storage area for the summer season. It's a tough install but worth it. It is also good to run an external speaker since the primary gets muffled inside of the console.

Top Bottom