I need a lift kit

Scott nunn

IMG_20170512_141642_003.jpg . I'm thinking about the Rough Country 4 inch X Factor lift kit if anybody has any experience with the company or the kit I would appreciate their feedback

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using WAYALIFE mobile app

Draconianwinter

View attachment 259793 . I'm thinking about the Rough Country 4 inch X Factor lift kit if anybody has any experience with the company or the kit I would appreciate their feedback

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using WAYALIFE mobile app
I would have to ask why put such a bad lift on such a great platform as the Rubicon? Lol into the evo, or Rancho lifts as you will get a much better quality lift kit out of them.

Sent from my SM-N920V using WAYALIFE mobile app

zimm

Caught the Bug
Yeah, skip the chinese made, rough riding, crap hydro shock rough country and get something way better for nearly the same price. EVO enforcer or rancho. Hell, rock krawler or metal cloak is better than rough country, although I won't recommend them either. Heard good stuff about JKS too.

Sheep_Dog

I installed a rough country 3.5" lift on my 08' jku. Before I purchased it I read many reviews and watched some videos on them. I found there were more people that liked them then those who did not. The ones that didn't like them did rock crawling every weekend. The ones that did like them went a few times a year ( me). Many have said "they heard" but have not tried them. I also found negative reviews on many of the fancy brands. The price difference for me is massive. If I get 3 years out of a $500 lift then I can just buy them again. The fancy brands are $1,500 and up. That's triple the price. I would love one of the high end brands that are probably better then my rough country set but after having installed for 7 months with 35" tires. I think they're great. All the parts were far greater then the stock jku parts. I'm even thinking about buying more rough country parts to upgrade stock parts like the track bar. They are affordable and reasonably work. If your gonna kill it on the weekends then don't buy RC. If you want a decent and affordable lift that you will use on simple trails with some mud and uneven dirt Then Hell yeah. Maybe one I will get Fox. But for now I love my Rc lift.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
I installed a rough country 3.5" lift on my 08' jku. Before I purchased it I read many reviews and watched some videos on them. I found there were more people that liked them then those who did not. The ones that didn't like them did rock crawling every weekend. The ones that did like them went a few times a year ( me). Many have said "they heard" but have not tried them. I also found negative reviews on many of the fancy brands. The price difference for me is massive. If I get 3 years out of a $500 lift then I can just buy them again. The fancy brands are $1,500 and up. That's triple the price. I would love one of the high end brands that are probably better then my rough country set but after having installed for 7 months with 35" tires. I think they're great. All the parts were far greater then the stock jku parts. I'm even thinking about buying more rough country parts to upgrade stock parts like the track bar. They are affordable and reasonably work. If your gonna kill it on the weekends then don't buy RC. If you want a decent and affordable lift that you will use on simple trails with some mud and uneven dirt Then Hell yeah. Maybe one I will get Fox. But for now I love my Rc lift.

Welcome to Wayalife.

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy

You're in FL, according to your profile, so the shit powder coating and rust won't affect you like someone in the rust belt. The winch mount I had on my 09 was mostly rust-oleum by the second month of installation.

If your goal is to be a cheap ass I'm not sure why you forked out $500 when they have a $180 budget boost that fits 35s just fine. Plus, while the steel spacers will rust, they won't sag. [emoji854]

And Welcome to WAL!

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi

The lift kit the OP mentioned, is $1200.00. Welcome to Wayalife.

Sheep_Dog

Maybe sagging will be a problem one day but I figured I cross that bridge when I get there. I'm just not going to bust my butt to buy a $2,000 lift because those break too. As far as being a cheap ass. I'm a jeep owner (Just Empty Every Pocket). I know what your saying. It just seems like a waste of money. I'm just not as hardcore as some. I'm good with that. Maybe when the money is right I'll buy an awesome kit. Thanks for the info.

zimm

Caught the Bug
You're not making any sense. OP asked for opinions on a specific $1200 lift. We gave him better options for the SAME AMOUNT of money of the RC he posted. You're defending a totally different $500 lift on what appears to be a street jeep in mountainous Orlando. Your opinion is noted... a few times. You had me at "seems like a waste of money"... and you know this how?

Last edited:

Overland_stormtrooper

Caught the Bug
i happen to like my mopar lift and going to go with the 4" when i manage to upgrade it a bit later this year .. seen some folks that don't care for the one you mentioned nor some of the other less costly lifts ..

here is my opinion on that i think it is more about what you get for buck and how much you have or willing to spend .. in order to compare one versus the other you would need to add options on some as not every lift comes with the same thing , some you need to add shocks ,driveshaft , exhaust spacers .. so in order to really compare they would need to be outfitted with same components then look at the real cost .. but you also have to go with that old saying you get what you pay for .. so yes of course a higher dollar lift is going to last considerably longer before replacing things if properly maintained versus the cheaper made things which will wear sooner rather than later ..

my 2 cents is before spending anything try to get some seat time in various rigs with different lifts as they tend to ride differently from brand to brand and cheap to expensive ... then based from what you liked or didn't like go from there when you pick out which ya want and how much your budget for it is .......

zimm

Caught the Bug
my 2 cents is before spending anything try to get some seat time in various rigs with different lifts as they tend to ride differently from brand to brand and cheap to expensive ... then based from what you liked or didn't like go from there when you pick out which ya want and how much your budget for it is .......

Always the best advice.

Also, people tend to stick to a price point but not look as what's included, or what needs to be done in addition to a "kit". No kit really takes care of it all. You need castor correction, axle centering, springs, shocks, bump stops, and ensure the brake lines don't over extend. Many ways to do it all. Oh, and a front drive shaft eventually.

Overland_stormtrooper

Caught the Bug
Always the best advice.

Also, people tend to stick to a price point but not look as what's included, or what needs to be done in addition to a "kit". No kit really takes care of it all. You need castor correction, axle centering, springs, shocks, bump stops, and ensure the brake lines don't over extend. Many ways to do it all. Oh, and a front drive shaft eventually.

and that is what i mean you can buy a lift then still need a whole bunch of other things in order to make that lift fully useable so the true cost is considerably more than what one might think ....

Overland_stormtrooper

Caught the Bug
test drove one with it and the mopar lift when i went and got my jeep to me it was a bit stiffer than the mopar lift and seemed like the jeep wandered a bit more .. salesman thought i was kinda crazy when i let go of the steering wheel going down a straightaway and put my hands behind my head for a moment .......

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
What do you guys think about AEV lift kits ?

test drove one with it and the mopar lift when i went and got my jeep to me it was a bit stiffer than the mopar lift and seemed like the jeep wandered a bit more .. salesman thought i was kinda crazy when i let go of the steering wheel going down a straightaway and put my hands behind my head for a moment .......

Very expensive, too.

Overland_stormtrooper

Caught the Bug
i just chalked up the overall difference in cost to the fact it was a rubi versus a sahara and had other options on it as well .but i also wasn't willing to spend what they wanted for that rubi either i just wanted to drive it lol

Robertcrav

You're not making any sense. OP asked for opinions on a specific $1200 lift. We gave him better options for the SAME AMOUNT of money of the RC he posted. You're defending a totally different $500 lift on what appears to be a street jeep in mountainous Orlando. Your opinion is noted... a few times. You had me at "seems like a waste of money"... and you know this how?
I agree in theory but not the same $$, still need shocks for the evo and Rancho

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Top Bottom