Alarm Question

Iamjeep50

Alarm

Hey if anyone wants to lock their jeep without the alarm. I just figured it out. Just lock all the doors with the key only and the alarm doesn't go on.

RageKage

Are you talking about the alarm system like when someone tries to break into your jeep? Or the horn that goes off when you hit the lock button on your key fob?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Iamjeep50

Are you talking about the alarm system like when someone tries to break into your jeep? Or the horn that goes off when you hit the lock button on your key fob?

I mean the alarm when someone tries to break in. I am not a big fan of alarms and I really didn't want one. I feel they just use up the battery faster and if someone really wants your jeep they will find a way. But I just figured out by locking every door with my key that the alarm doesn't go on. I think it's good to know for any one that doesn't want use the alarm. My other jeep I had the ravelco put in which doesn't use the battery at all.

RageKage

I mean the alarm when someone tries to break in. I am not a big fan of alarms and I really didn't want one. I feel they just use up the battery faster and if someone really wants your jeep they will find a way. But I just figured out by locking every door with my key that the alarm doesn't go on. I think it's good to know for any one that doesn't want use the alarm. My other jeep I had the ravelco put in which doesn't use the battery at all.

Gotcha. Turning off the horn when locking with the key fob all you do is hit the menu button on the steering wheel til you get to personal settings and you can turn it off from there. I've never really noticed a battery draw from my alarm, I also have a red top so it's a little better than the stock battery, and I've bumped the jeep pretty hard on purpose to see if the alarm would go off and it didn't do anything. But like you said if someone wants in bad enough nothing is going to stop them.

Iamjeep50

A lot of people say their battery only lasted 2 or 3 years. Probably because they let it sit with the alarm on for long time. If you have to park it for awhile just lock it without the alarm is my advice.

Iamjeep50

Gotcha. Turning off the horn when locking with the key fob all you do is hit the menu button on the steering wheel til you get to personal settings and you can turn it off from there. I've never really noticed a battery draw from my alarm, I also have a red top so it's a little better than the stock battery, and I've bumped the jeep pretty hard on purpose to see if the alarm would go off and it didn't do anything. But like you said if someone wants in bad enough nothing is going to stop them.

That's great advice too.

Top Bottom