2012 JKU Exhaust Skid Plate for Long Arm

jkjurny

So my Teraflex Long Arm kits front brackets block the holes where the original crossmember mounted. Almost all manufacturers (EVO, Poison Spyder, etc) who make protection for the exhaust leverage these holes. Has anyone found a vendor who makes an exhaust skid that doesn't use those holes? I called Teraflex and they recommended Asfir. I can't tell from the pictures if they leverage those holes.

I was going to go with EVO for just the oilpan and tranny, but I'm worried about getting hung up/damaging that exhaust pipe.

Thanks.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Over time, it may get beat up a bit but really, it's not a big deal to leave it exposed. At least, we've been running our big white JK that way for over 6 years now and run our new 2012 dozer JK that way too.

jkjurny

Over time, it may get beat up a bit but really, it's not a big deal to leave it exposed. At least, we've been running our big white JK that way for over 6 years now and run our new 2012 dozer JK that way too.

Cool. Glad to hear that. I only plan on hitting the hard California trails once a year, if that. So not as hardcore as how you wheel your Jeep. Just waiting for my trans skid now.

Last edited:
Top Bottom