Thinking of doing a run on the rubicon - August 19th

Time frame has been moved to the week of August 19th.

Everyone is responsible for their own food and supply's.
Every Rig needs
1. spill kit,
2. tow points
3. Working CB
4. Fire extinguisher
5. Tools

my father and I want to do a Rubicon run. We have never been. I know their are lots of books on the trail, but any first hand knowledge would be great also.

We kinda fly by the seat of our pants. We are planning on taking our time and taking lots of pictures.

Planning on meeting up on Monday Aug 19 at 8AM. AUBURN, CA. I'll get a approximate location and let you know.

People that are CRAZY enough to be interested.

1. Notajerryskid
2. Old man.
3. White Dynamite
4. Vudoo1
5. Crippledpetey
6. Rtguy1
7. TJFIT
8. Jeremy.

Please let me know if you are unable to attend.
Trip is full, No more adding. The people on the list have confermed that they will be there as of 7-20-13

I have heard to plan on 3 days on the trail. no fires are allowed in the summer.
any aditional info that is brought to my attn will be posted here.

Last edited:

13JKUR

Thinking of doing a run on the rubicon in july

There is a group of 15 guys from jk forum doing the rubicon July 8th-12th. Look in NorCal section. I think it's full as of right now but you never know if people will back out.

StrizzyChris

Re: Thinking of doing a run on the rubicon in july

Goal of my build is to have it Rubicon ready and one trip by August! I will be in the Philippines for a month until mid July or i would join for sure!

Sent from a migrant connectivity device

StrizzyChris

If that's the case, then pencil me in! :drinks:

13JKUR

You could run the rubicon stock as long as you have a rubicon. Just a tougher trip but it is doable

StrizzyChris

I dont want to beat the hell out of my 13 Rubi. Im sure/know its possible, but more likely to do damage and I wouldn't want it to take forever!

TheDuff

There is a group of us in the socal section on jkf planning a Rubicon run. Date not set in stone yet, but July 11-15th is what is being considered atm

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using WAYALIFE mobile app

There is a group of us in the socal section on jkf planning a Rubicon run. Date not set in stone yet, but July 11-15th is what is being considered atm

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using WAYALIFE mobile app

Thanks for the heads up. Thinking we are going in August now.

StrizzyChris

Thanks for the heads up. Thinking we are going in August now.

I read on their website that the Rubicon Jeep jamboree is August 8-11. My guess would be the weekend (or midweek because I'm down for anything) before that would be more ideal. From what I hear it gets pretty manipulated and a lot of stacked rocks during the event to make it easier.

http://jeepjamboreeusa.com/event-detail/56/

MTG

Caught the Bug

There are two events you need to be aware of: the jeep jamboree and the jeepers jamboree. The later being the earlier of the two...late July typically. 👍

StrizzyChris

There are two events you need to be aware of: the jeep jamboree and the jeepers jamboree. The later being the earlier of the two...late July typically. 👍

Yup, I didn't realize it was two. Jeepers is july 24-28 and is the biggest...hmm

http://www.jeepersjamboree.com/trips_info_jeepers_4day.html

So when do you think you will be ready by?

Well crap! Probably not until early August but I'm not completely sure. It'll all depend on when I get my Jeep from the dealership. :thinking:

I dont want to hold u guys up, making it right after the big event in july which makes the trail easier.

I tell u what...go ahead and plan on it without me with whatever dates work best for you. I'll try to bust out all my mods before i go to the Philippines for a month and return July the 15th. If I am able to get her ready, then I could make the trip July 18(earliest) to the 24th(last possible to be out before the jamboree).

If August sounds more appealing then i can do any date with ample advanced notice! Sorry to be a pain in the ass lol

MTG

Caught the Bug

I could be up for this, depending whether I am stuck in your town for work.

I'll start posting who is interested on the front. My father is working out when he would be able to make it out here in aug. He will be driving his TJ all the way from Oklahoma :eek:

Hellfire

I might be interested too...july looks like a very busy time for other groups & August works better for me.

JandSJK

Steph and i were trying to plan one for the 14-17 of july but not set either. Flag us as interested at this point

Sent from my DROID RAZR using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom