Clean wiring.

jmpen

Just started my switch Pro install. Got the keypad mounted in a tto mount(not real impressed but I'm waiting to hear back)power block is mounted, ignition and light sources are hooked up. Now, i have 8 virgin wires staring at me. What's the trick to running all these source wires clean? I started laying stuff out and it looks like shit. Looking to do it right this time and I'm getting pissy already.

Sent from my XT1650 using WAYALIFE mobile app

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
Just started my switch Pro install. Got the keypad mounted in a tto mount(not real impressed but I'm waiting to hear back)power block is mounted, ignition and light sources are hooked up. Now, i have 8 virgin wires staring at me. What's the trick to running all these source wires clean? I started laying stuff out and it looks like shit. Looking to do it right this time and I'm getting pissy already.

Zip ties and wire looms :)

IMG_4469.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

jmpen

What are you using for connections. Example my 2 rigid pods on a pillars i have to run them together, then ground, then to switch Pro. Blade connectors? Can i buy Deutsch?

Bowman

I use string tie (wax string) for making the wiring harness. Try to avoid placing string tie or zip ties on splices, it could damage the splice. The correct way is to use environmental splices. But, protecting the splices with heat shrink will work just fine.
Protecting the outer shield on the wires is really beneficial, to do this just use wire looms or chafe rap.

Example of damaged outer shielding.
20161109_200615_HDR.jpg

Top Bottom