Uwarrie NC!

BuggerJeep13

Does anybody have any insight on this site, currently planning to go when I arrive back to the states.
Camping or cabins?
Trail types?
4x4 groups on the area?
ECT. Anything else useful

FeltsYouUp

I'm interested to learn more about it as well. I'm from NC and will probably be moving back to the Burlington area later this year, but I've only hiked around that area.

moparnation

Opening weekend is march 30th, should be a big to-do going on. Lots of clubs and tents and wheeling

sent from my talkitty box

Jeepmed

Went a few years ago. Had a great time. Beautiful area. Trails were moderate to nearly extreme. Did the whole trail with 33"s on a TJ.

moparnation

So got some bad news about uwharrie. On one of the more extreme or "fun" trails, rocky mountain loop/Kodak rock there has been a archeological dog site for a while slightly off the trail. It has now extended further on to the trail and they have shut it down "for now" they said.....with no eta on reopening :/

That's a huge trail and its going to cause lots of traffic problems on other trails at uwharrie. We'll see what we can do about getting some dates for a reopen or if its even going to be reopened :(

moparnation

It also has to do with vehicles and atv's not staying on designated trails and destroying land, lots of guardrail has been put up to try and keep people from doing this and as a side effect several of the trailside campsites are no longer accessible

Top Bottom