Drive shaf hitting exhaust crossover

15FireCrackerJK

Go the lift installed and at full drop the drive shaf is hitting the exhaust crossover​. Does anyone have this issue to? I have the Enforcer Pro Stage 2. What can I do? I have Adams 1350 Driveshafts. Thanks.
20170523_084719.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

aermotor

Is that full droop with the shocks and front end torn apart or fully assembled?

Mine does that when I have it torn apart, but there is no way it can droop that far when it's all actually put together. But I don't run coilovers, so...

Havoc40

Mine does the same thing. Haven't rectified it yet....mainly because I'm lazy and there will be an LS in there sooner than later. Lol

Edit: and to answer your question about the EVO skids, yes they'll work. I'm running the full set. I'm running a Reel 1350 and bolt-ons.

Last edited:

jesse3638

Hooked
I have the AFE y-pipe. It works but is a pain in the ass and leaks a bit. Plus with a manual transmission it rests against the tranny mount and I get a vibration when accelerating from a stop. It gets old.

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
That's full droop on a lift? Meaning the front axle is completely dropped out equally the same on both sides and your fully assembled? You will probably rarely if ever have your complete axle fully drooped out on both sides but rather one side or the other. That will probably only happen if the driver side is drooped out and the pass side is fully stuffed, even then it may not happen. You could lower the jeep some as it seems really tall to me based on the pic. Or limiting straps. I would start with limiting straps probably if it were me. Then lower it as needed.

I would skip the exhaust spacer. But that's just me.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

15FireCrackerJK

That's full droop on a lift? Meaning the front axle is completely dropped out equally the same on both sides and your fully assembled? You will probably rarely if ever have your complete axle fully drooped out on both sides but rather one side or the other. That will probably only happen if the driver side is drooped out and the pass side is fully stuffed, even then it may not happen. You could lower the jeep some as it seems really tall to me based on the pic. Or limiting straps. I would start with limiting straps probably if it were me. Then lower it as needed.

Okay cool thanks. Yea I plan on lowering it some once it settles​ a bit.

Sent from my SM-G955U using WAYALIFE mobile app

bill32

Why not take it back to SCL Automotive that did the work and have them fix it. Also it looks like the rear of the rock rail is alfull close to the rear tire.
But it is a good looking jeep.

Havoc40

This was my thoughts as well. I hate exhaust spacers, and basically refuse to run them. I played around on the forklift when I first installed these, and was dialing in clearances. The only time I could make the driveshaft touch was stuffing the passenger side, and letting the driver side hang at full droop. If the driver side tire stayed planted, the exhaust was never touched. When both tires off the ground on a lift, yes, it'll hit pretty good and limit travel by about 1".

Realistically, all you'll do is "self-clearance" the exhaust loop. That's all that happened to mine. Definitely not problematic enough for me to spend time and money fixing yet...albeit I'm swapping engines.

MacRubi2

The crossmember skid won't work with exhaust spacers but the engine and tranny skid will.

But spacers suck donkey dick trust me.

Yes they do I'm removing mine this weekend because I don't need them anymore as I don't run the stock DS plus it puts the exhaust cross over lower than the cross member.

And my driver side leaks 😳

2nd.gunman

Caught the Bug
Can you elaborate? EVO says depending on setup you may need them or modify exhaust.

The spacers push the crossover pipe slightly below the crossmember and the crossmember skid sits flush with the bottom of the crossmember so they can interfere and rattle. There is quite a few threads about it on here.

Top Bottom