Damn Jeep computers!

Sinnerjk

Was looking for a little help here cuz it's making me angry and I love my jeep I'd hate to run it off a cliff so here goes the check engine like is killen me I installed a new transmission in the jeep and did a full gear swap trusses gussets and ball joints so I completely removed the axles for that ever since I put the new transmission it it's been one code after another first the passenger side upper o2 sensor I noticed the wire was cut replaced it then abs sensor crap notice rear tire sensor connector orange tab was broke so replaced with new one the bank 1 upper o2 sensor went off so replaced the upper o2 sensor driver side....cleared the codes and up pops the same damn code p0131 p2245 when I went to clear it the scanner said both were permanent so can someone please tell me how I make them not permanent? Can I disconnect the battery to reset the computer or is this something I have to go to a dealer or mechanic to erase...good news please

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
When you pulled the tranny (not Jenner), at any point was it hanging from any wiring that was still attached? Maybe stretched wiring and it broke somewhere?

Sinnerjk

Actually disconnected the o2 sensors from the exhaust and pulled the exhaust but with that being said the passenger side o2 sensor wire was cut so it's possible one could have gotten stretched or cut on the driver side I went ahead and cleared the ecu through pulling the pos battery cable grounding it out on the neg for 30 sec the attaching and turning key on turning headlights on....I'll see on the way to work if that reset it so far it's gone but won't be surprised if it pops back up...and if so I think ur right probly cut a wire somewhere above the transmission which is gonna be fun finding

WJCO

Meme King
Visually inspect all the wires that the o2 sensors plug into. Also make sure none melted against the exhaust.

Amrth

Needs to move away from the writeup section I suppose.

I'm surprised what make it say that the error code is permanent? BTW are you using a aftermarket code reader?

Sinnerjk

I went to oriellys and used their code reader every other code erased but the two I listed said permanent under them and I couldn't erase them seemed like a good code reader....checked all the wiring today from what I can see which isn't much cuz most of it goes into a bundle above the tranny but couldn't see anything burnt or ripped I wonder if there's a way I can unplug the connector to the o2 sensor and run a multimeter to it and see if it's getting low voltage...hell I don't know I'm about ready to give up and take it to a mechanic to rape me on it...I do know on my way to work last night the exhaust was pretty potent but I'm sure it's because the 02 sensor is jacking every thing up

Sinnerjk

Ok just an update took it to the shop and the mechanic found that the new sensor I put on the opposite side was bad I had installed it maybe a week or two before so that's weird anyway charged me 200 bucks the part alone was $90 which I wasn't happy about because I bought them new for $30 from the parts store and besides that I had a spare at the house I just took out and replaced and was still good...anyway it is what it is the jeeps fixed now so guess I shouldn't bitch no more engine light!

Top Bottom