Adam's Driveshaft 1350 Front Install

RanWitScissorz

Hey guys,

Just started installing my 1350 front driveshaft this morning and watched Adam's video of the install, but it doesn't mention the rubber o-ring for the transfer case flange. Is this used in the 1350 install? It looks like it will fit, but won't have any pressure on it.

Andy5160

Hooked
In the Adams 1350 video first they referring you to 1310 video which reuses OEM O ring so on 1350 install it is the same thing
Good luck!

Last edited:

zimm

Caught the Bug
Yes the install is different than the install video. I called Adams a couple of times to verify, so yes, you reuse the big o-ring. Also in the front, discard the sheet metal "dust shield" that goes between the yoke flange. I did not, and eventually it started to spin and squeal. So toss it in the trash bin.

SeanR1992

Yes the install is different than the install video. I called Adams a couple of times to verify, so yes, you reuse the big o-ring. Also in the front, discard the sheet metal "dust shield" that goes between the yoke flange. I did not, and eventually it started to spin and squeal. So toss it in the trash bin.

I called Adams today and they said that they changed the design of the yoke and you should not re-use the o-ring. It would not fit on mine when I installed it.

mcdesigner

I called Adams today and they said that they changed the design of the yoke and you should not re-use the o-ring. It would not fit on mine when I installed it.

This was the same answer I received when I called. I did not use the o-ring on my Adams 1350

Deacon

This was the same answer I received when I called. I did not use the o-ring on my Adams 1350

Sigh of relief here !!!! started reading this thread and I was fuck , shit , dam then I get to the bottom and I'm again good to go ... I just installed front and rear Adams 1350's on Tuesday and DID not install either O -ring - it made no mention of it in the video and I couldn't get the O-ring to fit right anyway - was too late and the shop had closed...

So I'm hoping this is right as it wasn't the most fun way to spend the evening. Already waiting on new lug nuts - as the ones I ordered were 1/2" to short - so my jeeps still waiting to hit the road after taking up the garage for 4 weeks :(

MericaMade

Sigh of relief here !!!! started reading this thread and I was fuck , shit , dam then I get to the bottom and I'm again good to go ... I just installed front and rear Adams 1350's on Tuesday and DID not install either O -ring - it made no mention of it in the video and I couldn't get the O-ring to fit right anyway - was too late and the shop had closed...

So I'm hoping this is right as it wasn't the most fun way to spend the evening. Already waiting on new lug nuts - as the ones I ordered were 1/2" to short - so my jeeps still waiting to hit the road after taking up the garage for 4 weeks :(

I know this is old but rather than start a new post i figured I would bump this one. I just installed the 1350's and did no reuse the O ring. Anyone having issue with theirs who did not reuse o rings or is this the new standard?

Seahawkfan

Hooked
I know this is old but rather than start a new post i figured I would bump this one. I just installed the 1350's and did no reuse the O ring. Anyone having issue with theirs who did not reuse o rings or is this the new standard?

I reused mine . Had a small leak. After a couple of tries with no luck. I replaced front output seal and o-ring. All good now. I did read somewhere to reuse the o-ring , just not sure where.

MericaMade

I called Adams shop and they said not to reuse it... just put rtv and make a seal that way. Hasn’t leaked yet.... time will tell.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
I just called them as well. They asked if my yoke was black or silver and if the yolk was black to reuse the O-ring in the front transfer case but not the rear.

It's aggravating seeing the different responses and the different answers.

Last edited:

RanWitScissorz

I just called them as well. They asked if my yoke was black or silver and if the yolk was black to reuse the O-ring in the front transfer case but not the rear.

It's aggravating seeing the different responses and the different answers.

That's probably the best response in the thread. I've always been a bit worried with the back and forth, thanks for the clarity! (I have black in the front and reused it)

Whitarmy

Like others posted, mine had a card attached stating “do not use factory o ring”. I used RTV on front and rear with no issues. The new yoke also is too big for the factory o ring

MericaMade

Like others posted, mine had a card attached stating “do not use factory o ring”. I used RTV on front and rear with no issues. The new yoke also is too big for the factory o ring

I went back and looked in the boxes after seeing your post and you are correct. I had one tag that said do not use a factory o-ring and another tag that said reuse the factory o-ring that also fell in line with what the Adams rep told me to do. Wish I would have seen them or wish they would have attached them to the shafts, but none the less, everything's working great.

Top Bottom