Air Recirculation Damper Problem

ram190

Air recirculation damper above cabin filters closes and opens correctly, but after closing moves up and down slightly and makes a loud clicking noise for several seconds?

WJCO

Meme King
Usually means hinge of door broken or actuator damaged at end of travel. Actuator is more common.

Texas Nick

Caught the Bug
I feel like this might be an issue with the 14s. Assuming your info is right. I have a 14, and from when i got it brand new till now. it has always opened and closed by itself when the vehicle is off and makes a loud buzzing/humming noise when it does it, right?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

ram190

This a write-up for replacing the actuator, the damper seems to open and close fine.

This is a problem with the actuator, the damper shuts but starts clicking after it shuts and it moves up and down slightly like a gear tooth is missing or something. For a temp. fix, so I don't have to listen to the clicking sound, I removed the passenger speaker and removed the wiring harness to the actuator. I have no recirc now, but no big deal- the recirc. damper is in the closed position. Mine never made a loud buzzing noise.

Earlier meant "is" there a post for replacing the actuator. If you remove the passenger speaker there is access to the right but tight.

Last edited:
Top Bottom