Rubicon take off parts question

RageKage

Was thinking about trying to find a Rubicon sway bar and T case to swap out the ones on my sport. Correct me if I'm wrong but since I have a 2014 JKU sport as long as I get the parts from a 2012+ Rubicon everything should bolt up correct? Obviously the electronic sway bar disconnect won't work without some wiring but I was gunna do the EVO no limits manual if I go this route. Anyone have insight on this?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

J

JKDream

Was thinking about trying to find a Rubicon sway bar and T case to swap out the ones on my sport. Correct me if I'm wrong but since I have a 2014 JKU sport as long as I get the parts from a 2012+ Rubicon everything should bolt up correct? Obviously the electronic sway bar disconnect won't work without some wiring but I was gunna do the EVO no limits manual if I go this route. Anyone have insight on this?

Swaybar is the same regardless of year.
Transfer case is different for 2012+ A/Ts.

jorgelrod

Hooked
Since you have a 2014, you need to make sure your AEV procal is one of the newer versions, 2014+ wrangler models, you need to reprogram the Transfer case ratio on the ECM or it will go into limp mode

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
I have a automatic trans so as long as I get a 2012+ auto trans Rubicon T case I'll be good?

Since you have a 2014, you need to make sure your AEV procal is one of the newer versions, 2014+ wrangler models, you need to reprogram the Transfer case ratio on the ECM or it will go into limp mode

Right. T case for a 2012+ automatic, and you are good to go. Correct on the newer model Procal, too. If you already have a Procal, and have programmed for tire size or anything, you'll have to return the program to stock, then program for the transfer case, then program for tires and such, last. I've done it. See below.

https://wayalife.com/showthread.php...Case-in-a-2014-Wrangler-JK-Sport-(Auto-Trans)

RageKage

Right. T case for a 2012+ automatic, and you are good to go. Correct on the newer model Procal, too. If you already have a Procal, and have programmed for tire size or anything, you'll have to return the program to stock, then program for the transfer case, then program for tires and such, last. I've done it. See below.

https://wayalife.com/showthread.php...Case-in-a-2014-Wrangler-JK-Sport-(Auto-Trans)

Ah well look at that. lol I figured I couldn't be the only that's had this idea. Don't have a procal so that will definitely be on the list of items. Any suggestions as to which one I should look into getting?

Top Bottom