Hood vents

Slimebones

Been thinking lately it might be a good idea to install vents in the hood to release some of that extreme heat. Would appreciate pros and cons from those that have done this. Recommended brands? Does water intrusion on heavy downpours cause problems?

rgk401

I've been thinking about the same thing. I see a lot off jeep with this hood vent but don't know much about it Screenshot_20170529-182649.png

Havoc40

I like both the PSC and EVO vents. They definitely help. When I put the hard rock hood on mine (with cut and fully vented panels), I was amazed at the heat reduction!

jorgelrod

Hooked
I have a hard rock power dome hood with the hood louvers cut up for max effect. When the engine is running, the difference between having them and not having them is minimal at best. After turning off the engine, the bay does tend to cool faster. As to water, I live in the tropics and deal with a lot of rain and it hasn't been an issue for me yet...

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Slimebones

Thanks for the quick replies. Mostly interested in revision of stock hood. Should mention I have a 3.8L and an Airaid CAI. I know many here do not agree with using a CAI, but I got it and am dealing with it. Any good vent suggestions or is it even necessary?

Top Bottom