Wheel spacers or bigger off set rim.

10abadilla/jk

Maybe this thread has been started already but I could not locate it. I have been debating whether to go with 1.5 spacers or to just buy new rims with a bigger offset. Right now my rims are 4.5 backspacing. Perfect for my 35s. I hope to be making the jump to 37s soon. I know spacers wear down on certain components so I'm leaning more towards rims. But I was wondering if I can get some first hand experience on both matters. Thank you all for the help.

Sent from my LG-H900 using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
I know spacers wear down on certain components so I'm leaning more towards rims.

They do the same thing. Bringing the centerline of the wheel out further from the hub is what causes parts wear. So spacers or lower backspaced wheels will cause the same wear on the same parts.

Napalm

If you are planning on changing rims in the future, id just go ahead and spend the money and get them. You'll spend $200 on a good set of spacers and you might as well go ahead and put that to new rims if you plan on changing in the long run!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

zimm

Caught the Bug
I went with spacers. Then AEV wheels. Now ATX beadlock wheels. It's much more expensive to change your mind later.

Top Bottom