Baby seat headrest problem?

Yson

So I just bought my JKU Rubicon 2012 and I was going to install the baby seat in it but I can't seem to be able to install it properly with the headrest... Is it removable?? Or is there any other way to install it? IMG_3296.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

GearHead71

There's a thread on how to remove the springs on the head rest so you can leave it folded back. I can dig it up if you want to do that.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

zimm

Caught the Bug
I run cargo straps around them to the cargo deck in the back. Keeps the head rests 90 degrees laid back for the car seats.

Frydaddy

Never mind! I found how on YouTube lol

Did you remove the springs, or just tied it back?

Zimm, You can pull the two springs from each headrest, and maintain its functionality. I did the bungee cord trick for a while, but this is much cleaner.

When this is done, they stay down for better visibility, but can be pulled up, and will lock in place for your passengers. When you want them down again, just flop the seat forward, and it unlocks. Add zip ties to the spring hooks for handles if you ever want to put them back on.

Headrest2_zps723c5d44.jpg

zimm

Caught the Bug
Holly crap, that's awesome. I'm doing that tomorrow and getting my tie downs back! Thanks for posting.

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
No shit, never even thought of this. It might save me from having to get another car seat when I flip my youngest to front facing.

Yson

No shit, never even thought of this. It might save me from having to get another car seat when I flip my youngest to front facing.

Ya I just flipped my youngest one around.. Thought I was going to have to buy a new seat..! Glad I figured this out before lol.

Thank for the help everyone!

zimm

Caught the Bug
I did mine today. Used 1 zip tie per spring, then took the screwdriver and pried it over enough so the spring goes away. Manual head rests now, I like it! And no more wasting my cargo straps.

Frydaddy

I did mine today. Used 1 zip tie per spring, then took the screwdriver and pried it over enough so the spring goes away. Manual head rests now, I like it! And no more wasting my cargo straps.

Awesome dude! Glad I could help!

Top Bottom