Nitto EXO grappler AWT

rgk401

thinking about ordering some new tires. Question is does anyone on here run these tires. If so how well do they do on and off road.

Last edited:

MattAlpha

Caught the Bug
I've been running the 35s for a few years. I bought them right when they came out. I think they wheel great in the mud, dirt, snow/slush and decent on rocks. They have a nice beefy sidewall with two different patterns on the sidewalls. The road noise isn't too bad. They are much quieter than most mud terrains. I highly recommend them.

Here are a few pictures:
IMG_0155.JPG

IMG_2475.JPG

I'd post a snow wheeling picture but I don't have any on my phone right now. I've posted other pictures on here that you can find and my review of the tires after wheeling in VT the first winter I put them on back in 2015.

'07 JKUR ... mod'ing never stops...

J

JKDream

I would take a look at the new Ridge Grapplers over the Exo Grappler.
Quite a bit more aggressive, just as quiet and they hook up really well.

rgk401

Thanks for the information, that's why I love this place over Facebook. So much good information. And I will take a look a the ridge grapplers

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I haven't personally seen this tire perform personally but all the pics and reviews I have read are all positive. Don't think you can go wrong with the Exo or even the ridge grappler

jasont0311

Caught the Bug
I've had the Exo Grapplers for a while now. They're my winter tire, I use my 37 Trail Grapplers for the summer. They've been decent no complaints, I've even had them on the rocks a few times with no issues. That said I would also go for the Ridge Grappler, that tire looks bad ass.

rgk401

I've had the Exo Grapplers for a while now. They're my winter tire, I use my 37 Trail Grapplers for the summer. They've been decent no complaints, I've even had them on the rocks a few times with no issues. That said I would also go for the Ridge Grappler, that tire looks bad ass.
I'm going to look into it

LasVegasJK

hows the road noise? can you feel the lugs a super slow speed on pavement?

They are not any louder than stock Rubi tires. Can not feel the lugs, but they seem to develop flat spots after sitting for a couple days. They usually go away after about 200'.
I can't comment on their performance in snow, rain or mud. I live in the desert. However, I wheel on rocks often and I'm completely happy with my decision to run Ridge Grapplers.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

J

JKDream

They are not any louder than stock Rubi tires. Can not feel the lugs, but they seem to develop flat spots after sitting for a couple days. They usually go away after about 200'.
I can't comment on their performance in snow, rain or mud. I live in the desert. However, I wheel on rocks often and I'm completely happy with my decision to run Ridge Grapplers.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

I haven't had the flat spotting issue, but I don't usually let mine sit for more than a day.
As for snow and mud, they hook up really good, a lot better than my MTRs ever did.
They're basically a 37" duratrac with a better sidewall.

Top Bottom