3.5 inch Rough Country Series II?

thomasp7

I'm new to the Jeep community and I was hoping that possibly someone could help me in my decision for a first lift kit for my Jeep. I have a 2011 Wrangler JKU and was looking at the RC 3.5 inch Series II suspension lift. I won't be doing much off-roading with it, maybe some light trails. But i was just wondering if this would be a good starter kit for my Jeep. I've seen reviews where some people say that they love it, but have also seen many that say this is an absolutely horrible kit. Thanks to everyone who replies!

Thomas

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
yes the $499 one. and 35's with either 16 or 17 inch wheels

Since your not looking to do any thing crazy off road I highly recommend a 2.5 budget boost to clear your tires. It won't sag or rust like the Rough country lift and is less expensive. Teraflex sells the most complete kit but there are other brands that normal just need bump stops or brake line extensions. Skip the shocks and just get the shock extensions.

thomasp7

Since your not looking to do any thing crazy off road I highly recommend a 2.5 budget boost to clear your tires. It won't sag or rust like the Rough country lift and is less expensive. Teraflex sells the most complete kit but there are other brands that normal just need bump stops or brake line extensions. Skip the shocks and just get the shock extensions.

would it still sit up about the same height as the 3.5 inch RC?

Red Knight15

Caught the Bug
I've run a budget boost on my 2 door JK and my JKU for several years with no issues until I added a 10k winch and aftermarket bumper to the front of my JKU. It's sagging the factory springs about 3/4" , I'm going to change my front springs soon. It has 94,000 miles on it that may have some to do with it.
It rides fine, she just bottoms out very easy on the front.

rroark070390

Have you looked at zone off road suspension lifts ? They are pretty budget friendly and I think a better quality then rough county and bds makes zone i just installed a zone 4 inch this last week and I'm pretty happy with it

thomasp7

Have you looked at zone off road suspension lifts ? They are pretty budget friendly and I think a better quality then rough county and bds makes zone i just installed a zone 4 inch this last week and I'm pretty happy with it

only thing about a 4" is that i don't wanna have to replace drive shafts. i'm probably gonna go with the Teraflex 2.5" Coil Lift with 1/2" coil spacers

JRUnlimited

Well, the parent company that owns BDS also owns Zone and JKS as I understand it. Aside from that Zone makes a nice lift kit. I run their 4in kit on my daily driver and it has provided me a nice soft and smooth ride. Only two bugaboos I have found with the 4in is their hydro shocks are not really tuned for a heavier JKU at that height which caused some excessive body roll when making certain sharp turns. Though not that big of deal. Also, it's not what you call a complete kit. It comes with everything to get you driving around town just fine. However, if you plan on any highway driving you will want to add adjustable control arms up front and a flipped drag link. Overall, I think it's good kit for the price, especially for a daily driver and yes I'd definitely buy it again.

Top Bottom