Lower rocker panel protection

Jkrgv

I like the look and protection that lower rocker shields look. I drive on the beach and do not want any screw on stuff, just more places to rust. Thinking of Bedliner, decal, double sided plastic or metal shielding. Just no drilling. Pics are a plus. Thanks in advance

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I like the look and protection that lower rocker shields look. I drive on the beach and do not want any screw on stuff, just more places to rust. Thinking of Bedliner, decal, double sided plastic or metal shielding. Just no drilling. Pics are a plus. Thanks in advance

Are you just looking for protection from scratches? If so a bed liner will work. If you want protection from rocks you need sliders. If you put on rocker skins and do them right and use silicon the body won't rust.

Jkrgv

Rocker skins sounds good, I'm not a rock climber, just need sand and scratch protection from road debris. I will google "skins"

Last edited:

jeepmojo

i saw some on a you tube video

I think it was ! maybe just a web site they peel off and stick on looks good I know it cant hurt , the jeep gets tons of crap thrown from the front tires to the doors lol winter time I cant open the dam button on the door handle
im thinkin why don't they make a cover for this to prevent the dirt going into the button of door handle :thinking:

MTG

Caught the Bug

Tape off your favorite design and plastidip some rock skins on. :thumb::yup:

jeepmojo

this guy couldnt stop i guess ?

;) New%20Jeep.jpg it must be addicting unless he just painted the doors blue and the orig color was flat black :brows:

StrizzyChris

One thick coat and no scuffing. You don't need to with plasti dip. I didn't even clean the dirt off the wheels.

You must have bought that amazing brand! I cleaned my stock jk wheels with soap and water...then with Windex...then put on 4 layers of plastidip. Loved how there was no maintenance and no cleaning of the wheels after that. It was great, UNTIL i took it into the desert. It just sanded the edges clean off!

Sent from a migrant connectivity device

Top Bottom