Traction control only on highway ramps

rroark070390

Hi I'm brand new to this form and just put a 4 inch lift kit and 34s on this weekend I had it alined got the wheels balance everything seems to be in working order except when I enter or exit highway rams my traction control kicks on for a brief moment any ideas why this is happening and how to fix it?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
Make sure steering wheel is 100% centered. Check wheel speed sensor wires to make sure none are too tight causing an intermittent open circuit. Check that tire pressures are the same.

QuicksilverJK

Caught the Bug
Do you have the alignment printout? I am dealing with a very similar problem with my 08 on 37s. Jeep recognized an "early activation of ESP on modified vehicles" problem early on and in the 08 manual it outlines how to de-activate it, while at the same time warning that it shouldn't be driven on road while de-activated. On my last trip through a winding canyon road I actually had to disconnect my RF abs sensor to "kill" the ESP because it was so bad that I could hardly keep it on the road through the corners.

rroark070390

Wow mine hasn't been that bad I went to 3 different shops to get my shit aligned Tracy's auto here in Wichita finally got it done they said it was so far out of whack the cameras wouldn't pick it up at all but the traction comes on very brief I don't think I have a alignment print out I'll check though. WJCO that's a good thought on the speed sensor wire I'll have to check that out but wouldn't that make the traction control come on more frequently?

rroark070390

Also I was a dumb ass and install the new sway bars in the front instead of the rear like it's supposed to be and left stock rear sway bars in the back would this have any affect on driving

QuicksilverJK

Caught the Bug
I don't think the sway bar links would have an effect on this, but I would still fix it since you are aware they are in the wrong spots.
An open in an abs sensor will disable the system, but your dash will light up the ABS, ESP, and Traction Control lights.
When you say the traction control kicks in are you referring to the lights on dash, or can you actually feel it kick in and light dash?
If I was in your shoes I would have the alignment re checked under warranty, and get the printout. There are some sharp people on the forum that will be able to guide you very well based on the actual numbers.

JeepDrum

If its worth anything to you, my traction control has been turned off since I bought it used and I haven't had a problem. I have a 2008.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using WAYALIFE mobile app

rroark070390

Yeah I think I will drop by the shop and have it rechecked and yes the traction control does actually engage with a light on the dash real brief it's not like a huge problem but it's annoying and want it fixed lol thanks for your input

Top Bottom