Dual ARB compressor output hose

rockwell

Trying to finish plumbing my dual ARB. The fitting and leader hose that came with the manifold is a -4 and seems awfully restrictive. I have some Goodyear nylon air brake hose with an inner diameter of 3/8" I'd like to use to plumb but to my air tank. My question is how will that hose hold up to the heat coming off the compressor? Other compressors I've had would get to hot to even handle but I'm not sure how hot this compressor gets. I'm hoping the larger diameter hose runs cooler because of less restriction. I'd be attaching it with a brass push connect fitting.

zimm

Caught the Bug
It gets freak'n HOT. It's the not due to the restrictions, air heats up when you compress it. I made a foot long pigtail from AN-6 synthetic braid line I had laying around. It doesn't melt, but after airing up, I still can't touch the quick disconnect until it cools down.

View attachment 261493

wjtstudios

Hooked
I have a brass fitting directly on top of my dual and have to have a pair of gloves on to disconnect without branding a pattern into your fingertips. I would have to think that an air break house would handle the heat though.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Tanktitan

Trying to finish plumbing my dual ARB. The fitting and leader hose that came with the manifold is a -4 and seems awfully restrictive. I have some Goodyear nylon air brake hose with an inner diameter of 3/8" I'd like to use to plumb but to my air tank. My question is how will that hose hold up to the heat coming off the compressor? Other compressors I've had would get to hot to even handle but I'm not sure how hot this compressor gets. I'm hoping the larger diameter hose runs cooler because of less restriction. I'd be attaching it with a brass push connect fitting.

The 1/4" is fine but you need to use a braided stainless steel PTFE lined hose for the first 2 or 3 feet, then you can convert to about any properly rated hose. I put an infrared thermometer on my manifold connection and it read 175F. I melted my first hose first time I aired up and saw a guy in Moab do the same, first time. Get the braided SS. It works. Bought mine from Pirtek. They can get you all the fittings.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom