Bedlined the inside of my hardtop

Iamsamrogers

Not that I'm the first or only person to do this I'm sure, but I did it last night and I'm extremely proud of how it turned out so I thought I would post and see what some of you guys have done and how you did yours! The pictures don't nearly do it justice, but it looks great and makes the drive so much nicer at night time. I think my next project will be DIY leather headliners in a saddle brown color. IMG_5591.jpg IMG_5597.jpg IMG_5595.jpg

Iamsamrogers

Ditto ^. Did it smell much? Especially in the heat of the day?

Haha it did for a few hours but the smell is gone now

2009 JK sunset orange. 35's, Cage type roof rack, hard top, 12k winch, Tepui RTT, and other overpriced pieces of jeeps stuff

Iamsamrogers

That looks really nice, doesn't the dark color create more heat though from the Sun? Or is it the opposite?

Sent from my SM-G955U using WAYALIFE mobile app

It doesn't affect it much given the fact that the outside of the top is already black, I don't think the inside matters much, if it does I'll keep you guys updated though. Also, I think in the winter it will help keep some of the heat in, as well as when I add in the headliners

2009 JK sunset orange. 35's, Cage type roof rack, hard top, 12k winch, Tepui RTT, and other overpriced pieces of jeeps stuff

Chris1015

It doesn't affect it much given the fact that the outside of the top is already black, I don't think the inside matters much, if it does I'll keep you guys updated though. Also, I think in the winter it will help keep some of the heat in, as well as when I add in the headliners

Looking forward to it. Like it regardless.

Sent from my SM-G955U using WAYALIFE mobile app

rumblebee3

Caught the Bug
Very nice work! I'm thinking about doing the same thing only to the whole outside of my truck. I think I'm going to use Raptor liner. Same thing Eddie and Cindy used on Calamity Jane. it's awesome stuff from everything I've read and you can get it in the tintable version!

Sent from my XT1585 using WAYALIFE mobile app

raven12

I did the same. Duplicator spray on Bed liner. It looks great. But honestly if I was doing it again, I would have just done spray paint. I have 2016 and the inside hardtop is already textured

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Iamsamrogers

I did the same. Duplicator spray on Bed liner. It looks great. But honestly if I was doing it again, I would have just done spray paint. I have 2016 and the inside hardtop is already textured

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Agreed, although I do like how durable the bedliner is, even though spray paint is quite a bit cheaper haha

AZ Explorer

Caught the Bug
I like the durability of it more too. I spray bombed the inside of an old Chevy K5 Blazer half top years and years ago and it started peeling about 8 months in. Couldn't sand it first because of the texture which i wanted to keep. I think if I ran a hard top on the JK, this would be one of the first things I did. Love the look!

Iamsamrogers

I like the durability of it more too. I spray bombed the inside of an old Chevy K5 Blazer half top years and years ago and it started peeling about 8 months in. Couldn't sand it first because of the texture which i wanted to keep. I think if I ran a hard top on the JK, this would be one of the first things I did. Love the look!

Thanks man! It's definitely a lot more (for a lack of a better word) "inclusive" when you drive it lol

Ddays

Hooked
Thanks man! It's definitely a lot more (for a lack of a better word) "inclusive" when you drive it lol

I know what you mean. I took my hard top off & installed a soft top this Spring and loved the all black inside. It is much more cozy. I'm going to paint my hardtop this Summer so the stink is all gone when I put it back on this Fall.

DeJkUnlimited

Caught the Bug
Looks great! Nicely done. I actually took mine to a Line-X location (which is owned by a friend of mine) and we decided to just use spray paint so we would not add any weight. Like you, I plan on adding a headliner. Heat has not increased, and I agree that it improves the look of the interior quite a bit.

Top Bottom