Wheel backspacing, Slabs or Chamer Pro?

JimHR

Hi am new to this and my question is what backspacing do I need? I have a 4in mopar lift and wanting to run 37'' is 3.5 better then 4.6. Looking at putting beadlockers on slabs or ATX SERIES AX757 Chamber Pro II.

IMG_0063.JPG

Journeyman

It depends on the width of the tire 12.5 or 13.5 but a wheel with 3.5" of backspacing would work best.
Slabs are 3.5" and chamber 2's are 4" of backspacing. The chamber 2 and a 13.5 tire might give you some issues at full stuff and full lock depending on your bump stops/etc.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

JimHR

It depends on the width of the tire 12.5 or 13.5 but a wheel with 3.5" of backspacing would work best.
Slabs are 3.5" and chamber 2's are 4" of backspacing. The chamber 2 and a 13.5 tire might give you some issues at full stuff and full lock depending on your bump stops/etc.

Yea for got about the width it is 13.5. So the chamber 2 would push the tire out to far then with the 4.6 backspacing , because of the stock fenders?

Speedy_RCW

Hooked
Hi am new to this and my question is what backspacing do I need? I have a 4in mopar lift and wanting to run 37'' is 3.5 better then 4.6. Looking at putting beadlockers on slabs or ATX SERIES AX757 Chamber Pro II.

View attachment 261547

Slabs and chamber pros are beadlock wheels. There's nothing you need to add. I'd suggest the slabs if you're on factory axles. I run a 37x12.5 and still have an ever so slight rub at full stuff and lock. Although you could always add bumpstop and/or adjust steering stops to mitigate that issue.

JimHR

Slabs and chamber pros are beadlock wheels. There's nothing you need to add. I'd suggest the slabs if you're on factory axles. I run a 37x12.5 and still have an ever so slight rub at full stuff and lock. Although you could always add bumpstop and/or adjust steering stops to mitigate that issue.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app[/QUT

Thanks all info is welcome.

AZ Explorer

Caught the Bug
I have the Chamber pro II with 37 13.50's I don't really rub except for slightly on the control arms. My bumpstops are set really well to keep from hitting anywhere else. It's all about how you wheel and how you are set up. I think if you like the Slabs and Chambers the same, them you might as well go with the slabs to be sure. Right now everyone seems to be getting the Chambers so the Slabs are more unique these days, and then there's that extra half inch.

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
like others have said, For stock width axles

if your going with a 12.5 wide tire, the 4.06 B.S. of the chambers will be fine.

If you are wanting 13.5 wide tires, then you want 3.5 B.S. which the slabs offer.

But, you CAN get Trail Ready's in just about whatever it is you want... but that luxury comes at a price. :thumb:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Came on here to add my 2¢ but it looks like you've already been covered with some good and accurate information :thumb:

tgoss

Even with a 12.5" tire and 3.5" back spacing I rub at full lock and tuck. All that is going to depend on your suspension set up, bump stops and if you modify your steering stops.

You're going to be find with either one to be truthful.

I would definitely look at the machete's in lieu of the slab due to the additional valve stem which comes in handy and honestly I'm really digging the Trail Ready's myself although getting them takes some time.

Deacon

I would definitely look at the machete's in lieu of the slab due to the additional valve stem which comes in handy

I plan on getting the Machetes in the next 2 weeks, at least I think that's what I'm getting, it's between the Machetes in black or the Method 105's

Any big difference between the 2 ?

Other question, since the Machete has 2 valve stems locations, any issue with putting a regular valve stem in 1 and using the OEM TPMS in the other ? I already have the OEM TPMS ready to install when I choose which wheel I'm getting. Didn't think there would be an issue but asking a head of time.

tgoss

I plan on getting the Machetes in the next 2 weeks, at least I think that's what I'm getting, it's between the Machetes in black or the Method 105's

Any big difference between the 2 ?

Other question, since the Machete has 2 valve stems locations, any issue with putting a regular valve stem in 1 and using the OEM TPMS in the other ? I already have the OEM TPMS ready to install when I choose which wheel I'm getting. Didn't think there would be an issue but asking a head of time.

What tires are you planning on running? With a thicker beaded tire like the Cooper STT Pro you'll have to run Method's ring spacers to accommodate. Not that big of a deal, you'd likely have to do the same with trail ready's as well. My KMC's sandwiched the bead just fine, just took a little time.

The biggest difference between the Method's and the KMC's would be the size of the rock rings, the drain cut outs in the rock rings on the Machete's and the additional valve stem. Backspacing and width are identical and if you want my honest opinion I think they both look great so that's a matter of personal preference.

And absolutely no issue running a standard valve stem opposite your factory tpms. That's exactly how I ran it with no issues. In hindsight I would have drilled out the second one to install a quick deflator or a powertank monster valve but the standard worked just fine.

Top Bottom