Removing tailgate bumpstops, question

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Vector offroad makes something called a UFO that will cover the hole. Otherwise you can just leave the stock bumps in there or get the daystar bumps and cut them all the way down.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

JeepDrum

I ran without a spare for about a year and I just put some small pieces of electrical tape over the holes. It held up through sun, rain, and snow and peeled off easily when I wanted it to.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using WAYALIFE mobile app

RageKage

Did you buy the Poison Spyder rockbrawler II? If you did and ordered it directly from them I'd give them a ring and ask for the plugs they have for those holes. When I purchased my tramp stamp license plate relocation bracket the plugs for those holes came in the box.

lemoncadebay

Did you buy the Poison Spyder rockbrawler II? If you did and ordered it directly from them I'd give them a ring and ask for the plugs they have for those holes. When I purchased my tramp stamp license plate relocation bracket the plugs for those holes came in the box.

I called and spoke with Alex. He told me to run to a store like Lowes or Home Depot and buy an universal plug.

RageKage

I called and spoke with Alex. He told me to run to a store like Lowes or Home Depot and buy an universal plug.

Really? Hmmm on one hand I feel like he gave you a quick and easy solution because shipping the plugs would take too long, on the other hand I feel like telling a customer to go buy something to remedy a problem isn't very good customer service. Now, I have no idea if the bumper/carrier is supposed to come with those plugs or not as I haven't purchased it myself but they come with the tramp stamp. Hopefully this is just one of those situations that the plugs don't come with the bumper/carrier so he was giving you a quick and easy fix. I never had a problem with them and they've always been very helpful and more than happy to remedy any issues. Every part I've ordered has been delivered almost 4 days before the delivery date.

lemoncadebay

Really? Hmmm on one hand I feel like he gave you a quick and easy solution because shipping the plugs would take too long, on the other hand I feel like telling a customer to go buy something to remedy a problem isn't very good customer service. Now, I have no idea if the bumper/carrier is supposed to come with those plugs or not as I haven't purchased it myself but they come with the tramp stamp. Hopefully this is just one of those situations that the plugs don't come with the bumper/carrier so he was giving you a quick and easy fix. I never had a problem with them and they've always been very helpful and more than happy to remedy any issues. Every part I've ordered has been delivered almost 4 days before the delivery date.

He said it comes with the tramp stamp because people are making it flush back there, but it doesn't come with the rockbrawler 2 with tire carrier in case you want to remove the bumper/carrier and go back to the oem tire carrier [emoji12][emoji375]

Top Bottom