Midland handheld cb raido

rgk401

Thinking about getting this radio so I don't have to take up the space and mount one. Limited space,with a soft top and street parking I don't want anything visible. If anyone uses a handheld cb radio or use this one I'd appreciate the feed back. Thanks Screenshot_20170602-205327.png

BobNH

I have the 75-785. It is great for the vehicle in front of you and the one in back of you. Beyond that it is hit or miss. Best I got was hanging it from the rearview for better exposure of the antenna. I am talking use in the wooded mountain roads and trails in NH and Vt, so your area may allow for better range, not knowing where you will be using it. An auxillary antenna may help too, mag mount or even winshield. I still have it for a loaner to others. It receives better than it transmits, so they can at least hear some of what is going on. Hope this helped a little.

Sent from my SM-N910V using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
We have one in each jeep. Great radio for a space saver solution. You will need an external antenna for it to work beyond a 75 yard range or so. We tested our 2nd one with the antenna that came with it. In the canyon, as soon as jeep was out of site, it didn't work. With an external antenna, it works great.

J

JKDream

You should check out the Cobra 75 if you're trying to save space.
I have mine mounted behind the glovebox, and the mic is smaller than a handheld.

MattAlpha

Caught the Bug
I have that same CB. As stated by others, it works great with an external antenna. I use it with a 3 foot firestick and I have it hard wired for power.

I keep the small antenna and battery bank (that came with it) in the Jeep just in case I need to use the CB out of the Jeep.

'07 JKUR ... mod'ing never stops...

jfdatlaw

I'm looking for a handheld as well as I won't use it much. Found this with an external antenna included and wondered if anyone had thoughts on it.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0794H67JP/?coliid=I3LRVZBKZLFF15&colid=1MW8TH4EXP09E&psc=0&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

Also, I'm getting this to be compliant with Jeep Jamboree requirements. They aren't much help in details other than you need one. Is something like this sufficient or do they require something hard wired or longer range?

Thoughts are appreciated.

Sweet thread revival. I have the one in the first post. It works okay. Get spare antennas. Once the rubber ducky antennas go it’s worthless.

Or bite the bullet and get a real radio. You’ll save money and headaches in the long run.

Top Bottom