Evo Mfg Body mounted tire carrier questions.

Defcon3JKU

I have my tire carrier mounted but need some advice on accessories. I want to mount my high lift jack up top but I'm not sure what brackets to get to be able to mount it to the tubes up top due to the angle. Any name brand or item number would be very helpful if someone has already done this. I also want to mount a Rotopax 4 Gallon to the rear of the carrier. Do I need anything else besides the normal bolt on mount from Rotopax, or do I have to get something different? Thanks for any tips on this. I think Eddie did the Rotopax like I'm talking about on his carrier. Linked a picture of the can I'm talking about.

197253EB-708D-4685-97F7-9A69CF79E1D0-2220-0000082A21A03BFD.jpeg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
IMG_2957.jpg

Cant see the mount completely but you can see it enough. I screen shot that from another thread here to save it in case I wanted to do something like what you are talking about. Don't have them yet, don't even have the EVO carrier yet either. Lol. But I just remembered this when I see your thread. Don't know if they are what you are looking for or not.

Defcon3JKU

View attachment 261859

Cant see the mount completely but you can see it enough. I screen shot that from another thread here to save it in case I wanted to do something like what you are talking about. Don't have them yet, don't even have the EVO carrier yet either. Lol. But I just remembered this when I see your thread. Don't know if they are what you are looking for or not.

Thanks I'll look into those.

Defcon3JKU

IMG_0332.JPG

This is how I'm wanting to mount my hi-lift jack to my carrier. Anyone know which brackets this person might have used to do so. Just saw this picture on another post.

tgoss

Genright has some tube clamps made for this or you can google for some pipe/tube clamps with threaded posts... tons of options out there.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
If you're really determined to carry a Hi-Lift, they sell tube clamps and you can just attach them to the EVO tire carrier. For a period of time, I had done this but I haven't carried a Hi-Lift with me in a very long time.

81aNbdpLFNL._SL1500_.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/Hi-Lift-Jack...1496929630&sr=8-1&keywords=hi+lift+tube+mount

Regarding the Rotopax, I just drilled 4 holes at the top of the center section on the tire carrier, the part above the EVO and where the license plate would go. I then bolted on a standard Rotopax mount to it. Super easy to do.

20170428171200-85e1b425.jpg

Defcon3JKU

If you're really determined to carry a Hi-Lift, they sell tube clamps and you can just attach them to the EVO tire carrier. For a period of time, I had done this but I haven't carried a Hi-Lift with me in a very long time.

View attachment 262433

https://www.amazon.com/Hi-Lift-Jack...1496929630&sr=8-1&keywords=hi+lift+tube+mount

Regarding the Rotopax, I just drilled 4 holes at the top of the center section on the tire carrier, the part above the EVO and where the license plate would go. I then bolted on a standard Rotopax mount to it. Super easy to do.

20170428171200-85e1b425.jpg

Thanks. That was what I was wondering. If it was required to drill more holes for the Rotopax mount or if the tag holes would work. Going to order this now. Was trying to make sure I didn't need to order more items to make this work before I put the order through. Thanks again for the info.

Top Bottom