Winch Cover

lemoncadebay

My Warn winch cover will arrive today. I'm wondering, can I drive around with this thing on? Or, is it more for protecting the winch from harsh elements while parked on the driveway?

I'm trying to care for my synthetic line as much as possible.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Napalm

I've been running my Warn winch cover all the time for the past 6 months with no issues other than its fading which is normal. It's how you tell it's an authentic Warn cover when it fades. HAH!

Gadget

Caught the Bug
I've run a cover on mine for about 10 years now, no problems. You should take it off once in a while to remove whatever creatures decided to take up residence in it.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Defcon3JKU

My Warn winch cover will arrive today. I'm wondering, can I drive around with this thing on? Or, is it more for protecting the winch from harsh elements while parked on the driveway?

I'm trying to care for my synthetic line as much as possible.

I've been running my for a little while now. You will have no problems with it coming off going down the road at hwy speeds. It fits really snug. Only problem is it started fading first week.

zimm

Caught the Bug
Even with the SP101 or whatever you spray on it, it'll be purple in a few weeks. It stays on though. After the gate guard on base asked me why I had a baby guitar case on the bumper, I took it off. :mad:

JK07

I had the Warn neoprene cover for my Zeon and it faded really fast. After a year it was light gray and the material was deteriorating. I just put on a Bartact cover and hope it lasts longer. IMG_1997.jpg

AZ Explorer

Caught the Bug
Direct from Bartact

The Bartact one looks to be made out of something more like the roll bar covers which is really durable. It actually even looks a tad better too. Hope it holds up for you, show us some pics in a year or so if you remember. I might need a new one by then, we'll see.

JK07

The Bartact one looks to be made out of something more like the roll bar covers which is really durable. It actually even looks a tad better too. Hope it holds up for you, show us some pics in a year or so if you remember. I might need a new one by then, we'll see.

Yeah it's a nice material so hoping it holds up.

zimm

Caught the Bug
I contacted bartact and they will have winch covers for more models in the coming months. Right now they're just for the warn xenon.

On my warn cover, after it turned purple, I sprayed it with black fabric dye. It looked better, but the neoprene is now "crunchy".

SilverBack

Warn winch cover

The warn cover faded within a few months even with liberal applications of the protectant spray provided. I think they should stick to winches and winching gear....!

VeruGE*144

Caught the Bug
I had the Warn neoprene cover for my Zeon and it faded really fast. After a year it was light gray and the material was deteriorating. I just put on a Bartact cover and hope it lasts longer. View attachment 261854

I just placed a request for return of my Warn winch cover. It's been over 30 day but I never opened it. Bartact cover is $20 more than what I got the Warn on amazon but given that I already own Trek Armor seat covers, I know I won't be disappointed with the quality.

Thanks for posting this up bud.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Do you guys really feel that a cover is necessary or do you just like the way they look? I'm not trying to be facetious here, I've just never felt the need to cover any of my winches and have yet to see this to be a problem.

WJCO

Meme King
Do you guys really feel that a cover is necessary or do you just like the way they look? I'm not trying to be facetious here, I've just never felt the need to cover any of my winches and have yet to see this to be a problem.

I hate the way the covers look. I'd rather see the winch. I run my cover only in the colder parts of winter. Main reason is protection from road chemicals. Second reason is so the line doesn't ice together in the event I needed to use it. If we had sunshine here all the time, it would never be covered for me. The wife's ran all winter with no cover and was fine, but hers doesn't catch the ice as it is recessed. Here's mine after one drive in the winter a couple years ago.

DSC02550.jpg

Top Bottom