ABS light coming on intermediately

So, starting in Moab, sometimes when I drive down the road my ABS light will come on, and the downhill assist control light will flash a few times then go away. If I shut the Jeep off, restart it, then drive a bit the downhill assist light will flash a few times then both lights go away completely. If I drive for awhile the same will repeat, the ABS light will come back on and the downhill assist light will flash a couple times then turn off.

The Jeep is a 2012. Im thinking a wheel speed sensor? Thanks in advance. IMG_8322.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

jeeeep

Hooked
check the abs wiring from the wheel to the plug behind the fender well cover , may have extended it too far.

TexasJC

I had a similar issue on a road trip last summer. Can't remember exactly which sensor it was, but it was something in one of the brake sensors. It was causing it to think the brakes were failing and would throw them on. Then would release about 1/4 mile. Turned out to be a rear brake sensor that failed

Mountainjk10

Caught the Bug
I had a similar issue on a road trip last summer. Can't remember exactly which sensor it was, but it was something in one of the brake sensors. It was causing it to think the brakes were failing and would throw them on. Then would release about 1/4 mile. Turned out to be a rear brake sensor that failed

I had exactly the same issues and it turned out to be my right rear wheel sensor. The sensor plug was filled with dirt, which caused the failure. OP, you might want to start with the rear sensors.

Okay yall issue is fixed. Found that the front passenger side sensor was actually making contact with the tone ring. It's all fixed now!

medler1

Mine too. Looked like iron filings rather than dirt.

I had exactly the same issues and it turned out to be my right rear wheel sensor. The sensor plug was filled with dirt, which caused the failure. OP, you might want to start with the rear sensors.

As per the title, no dirt only iron filings surrounding the magnetic sensor tip.
Anyone know the source of these iron filings?
Is something wearing badly?
This JKU has only 13k miles, road use only, and my previous one had no issues up to and beyond 100k.

Top Bottom