Anti-theft devices

Otter421

Living in a rural area I never gave much thought to my jeeps getting stolen...but recently a couple of jeeps have been swiped with in a stones throw. I know if a thief really wants it... they're going to get it, but was wondering what people out there are using to deter the common thief...any ideas welcome

Sent from my SM-G928V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Jack diddly

I just had this conversation with my father a few days ago. We're going to be running a fuel pump relay to shut it on and off and have it hidden under the vehicle.

Sent from my SM-G935V using WAYALIFE mobile app

jeeeep

Hooked
seems like jeep has become too popular..i have a full alarm system on mine after a couple of break-ins.

I'm looking at installing a hidden kill switch as well.

even though it will not engage in gear without the proper key fob the kill switch will be to try and stay a step ahead.

JeepJeep75

I still think the best option is a silent tracking device that you can track on the internet. Track it, locate it, call police. Otherwise it's up to insurance. I doubt a squeaking, squawking noise maker will do much.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Jayhawk32

Living in a rural area I never gave much thought to my jeeps getting stolen...but recently a couple of jeeps have been swiped with in a stones throw. I know if a thief really wants it... they're going to get it, but was wondering what people out there are using to deter the common thief...any ideas welcome

I use a device called SkyLINK that my dealer installed. It tracks the vehicle at all times and shows where it is based on GPS, It even allows you to setup different parameters including speed alerts, battery alerts, and zone alerts that tell you when your Jeep leaves a certain zone.

I use a device called SkyLINK that my dealer installed. It tracks the vehicle at all times and shows where it is based on GPS, It even allows you to setup different parameters including speed alerts, battery alerts, and zone alerts that tell you when your Jeep leaves a certain zone.

Problem here as is with most devices, they rely on the cellular network, get the vehicle out in the area where there is none and you don't know where it is.... Another ringing endorsement for Spot Trace.

https://www.findmespot.com/en/?cid=128

jeep670

Get the Spot downtown between skyscrapers or even under some covered area (like a bridge) and it's useless...

Otter421

I like the idea of spot trace...does placement in the jeep hinder reception have seen both good and bad reviews...anyone actually use this and how does it work for you...trust the opinions on here more than most...thanks

Top Bottom