Coilovers w/ Compression Adjusters, Worth It?

aermotor

I've been thinking back and forth on the EVO coilovers for a while now. I currently have the King 2.5 adjustable shocks with EVO plush ride coil and love it.

I don't really adjust the compression very often, though it has been handy to crank them up sometimes, so I'm wondering what people think about adding these to the coilovers? It only adds $100 per shock and does give one some flexibility.

Mel says he runs then both ways on some of his rigs. I don't think Eddie ever has. I mostly see JKs without them but have seeb a few with them. They obviously don't come with them out of the box. I'm sure most people would say it's an unnecessary added cost and not worth it, but trying to get some opinions anyway.

Thanks

zimm

Caught the Bug
I'm curious on why youre going coilovers over the plush rides and kings? That extra inch or so of travel? I looked at both and went the same route you did. I didn't like how exposed the coil overs are on the rear. Also for some reason I don't like the idea of suspending all the jeep's weight on the lower shock mounts, but that's just me worrying. I'd rather do the evo-lever in the rear if I were to upgrade.

aermotor

Because I want to take the Jeep to the next level and I've got money to burn for upgrades :)

I also want/need more adjustability/performance in the rear as I carry a lot of weight and am done with big springs + coil spacers.

I'm running a PR44 front and the rear uses the EVO Rockstars that I already have installed which are very beefy. Thousands of people running coilovers with little to no issues as far as them being "exposed" or on the stock mounts.

Anyone have opinions on the adjusters? That's all I'm looking for, I know how great the coilovers are.

Last edited:

JeepJeep75

I'm curious on why youre going coilovers over the plush rides and kings? That extra inch or so of travel? I looked at both and went the same route you did. I didn't like how exposed the coil overs are on the rear. Also for some reason I don't like the idea of suspending all the jeep's weight on the lower shock mounts, but that's just me worrying. I'd rather do the evo-lever in the rear if I were to upgrade.

I try not to let this warp my mind all into tiny stings but think about how the EVO-lever puts all the weight of the jeep almost completely in the center of the axle, near the diff. I know, I know, the EVO-lever is very well proven and revered. I think it's an awesome work of engineering art and I want it myself someday. I just can't help but think about the axle tubes just getting worked their whole life with the lever though.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

J

JKDream

I try not to let this warp my mind all into tiny stings but think about how the EVO-lever puts all the weight of the jeep almost completely in the center of the axle, near the diff. I know, I know, the EVO-lever is very well proven and revered. I think it's an awesome work of engineering art and I want it myself someday. I just can't help but think about the axle tubes just getting worked their whole life with the lever though.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
Spring perches do the same thing :S

Top Bottom