Annoying exhaust rattle

DERWOOD

anyone have any clue where it may be coming from I know it's a heat shield by the way it sounds but have checked an bent back all of them from touching any other parts I'm at a loss an tired of the annoying exhaust rattle/ noise

Sent from my XT1650 using WAYALIFE mobile app

BobNH

Mine turned out to be a broken weld where the hangar meets the muffler. The PO must have used some crap aftermarket one because the hangar is like 10" from the muffler to the isolator, and the weight caused the weld to break.

Sent from my SM-N910V using WAYALIFE mobile app

jeeeep

Hooked
anyone have any clue where it may be coming from I know it's a heat shield by the way it sounds but have checked an bent back all of them from touching any other parts I'm at a loss an tired of the annoying exhaust rattle/ noise

Sent from my XT1650 using WAYALIFE mobile app

stock muffler?

I finally figured out where my rattle is coming from - loose baffle inside the muffler, had to use and automotive stethoscope to pinpoint where the rattle was...I could've sworn it was coming from the front.

BdugJK

I had the muffler heat shield on mine break and it was laying on top of the muffler. On one side both holes rusted out but it was still held in place by the other two. It did not move much at all when I was underneath it trying to find the source of my rattle, and I almost overlooked it.

Top Bottom