Need lift suggestions for a 2 door

Redheadedwillys

I see a lot of similar threads kinda like this. But a lot of them just don't go into the type of detail I want. I love the way my WILLYS handles stock. I want a 2.5" lift that won't give me issues like needing steering direction stuff and the death wobble and I want to run 33"tires.
I live in the city and I road trip a lot and 20170514_101223.jpg its my daily driver so I don't want to have something that's going to beat me to death when I drive around town but I also dont want it to feel like a chevy suburban. Lol. I'm cool with spending about a grand on the lift alone but Idk how to really pick between all of them. Does anyone have a good suggestion for me? There doesn't seem to be a lot of off road shops around me.
Btw I have a 2017 Willys Wheeler 2 door. Also, does anybody know if my Willys is a little taller from the factory than a sport?

Sent from my SM-G935V using WAYALIFE mobile app

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
2.5" on a light 2 door, really equals a spacer lift.

With EVO front 2" coils, you'll get a little over 3" up front, with no extra weight from a winch & bumper up there, and you'll need to run about 1.75" of spacers in the rear with it. You'll need new sway bar links, too, and bump stop extensions, if you plan to go off-roading.

You can run 33's all day long, with anyone's 1.5" spacer lifts.

Check out Catahoula's build thread, or Draconianwinter's build thread. Start with post #7, in my old thread, here...

https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?25303-Clay-s-Little-Build

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

Clutch

Caught the Bug
Trim fenders and no lift at all is a viable option. Or a 2-2.5" budget boost by tera flex, Rubicon Express, or AEV. If you want a lift with springs, I'd recommend JKS j-spec 2.5" then add lower front control arms. Then maybe add an exhaust spacer or front driveshaft if plan to go offroaf alot, if you don't plan to go off-road, this won't be needed for a long time.

Sent from my XT1080 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Jacalore

I see a lot of similar threads kinda like this. But a lot of them just don't go into the type of detail I want. I love the way my WILLYS handles stock. I want a 2.5" lift that won't give me issues like needing steering direction stuff and the death wobble and I want to run 33"tires.
I live in the city and I road trip a lot and View attachment 262332 its my daily driver so I don't want to have something that's going to beat me to death when I drive around town but I also dont want it to feel like a chevy suburban. Lol. I'm cool with spending about a grand on the lift alone but Idk how to really pick between all of them. Does anyone have a good suggestion for me? There doesn't seem to be a lot of off road shops around me.
Btw I have a 2017 Willys Wheeler 2 door. Also, does anybody know if my Willys is a little taller from the factory than a sport?

Sent from my SM-G935V using WAYALIFE mobile app
I went the Teraflex leveller route (1.5" lift) with 33s and 4.75 b.s. wheels. Fits, no mods, handles well, altho I'm adding a Fox 2.0 steering stabilizer just to overdo it. 20170606_112022.jpeg

JKbrick

IMG_0079.JPG
This is front EVO coils that said hd leveling kit on the box with 59 rear springs with a 1" spacer on top and 285 tires on slabs
Edit: front measures 3" of lift

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

BaddestCross

I'm running 35s on EVO 2" in the front and OME HD 2" in the rear, but my Fiona is a pig. I'm actually considering putting spacers in the back again. The medium or even light OME springs would work great if you have a stock rig.

20170527_163642.jpg
20170527_163616.jpg

Top Bottom