Going from 2.5 to 4 inches. Thinking EVO.

Hey all. I've been running a 2.5 spring lift from Teraflex since October and it's done what I've asked. But I'm ready to move up to 37's and a bit more clearance underneath.

I Wanted everyone's take on components as there are a lot of options out there. I'm thinking EVO 4" enforcer with their drag link flip and fox shocks ( I get stupid good deals on fox). I see the Enforcer comes with front lower CA's. What about rear control arms? I already have an adjustable front track bar. Anything else im missing? Drivelines are already sorted as well.

And for those wondering about my D30, the 37's won't go on until the Dynatrac PR44 shows up hopefully sometime next month.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:
I have nothing to complain about my evo enforcer 4". If you're concerned about control arms I'm pretty sure that Evo now sells the kits with the option of all new CA's. the drag link flip kit is a must and a decently easy install.

AZ Explorer

Caught the Bug
That's a great kit from all the reviews I've read. Even though the kit is usually paired with the EVO King shocks, I have heard so many happy people with the fox shocks. I can't imagine the ride would be bad at all. Maybe someone who has done it will chime in.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Hey all. I've been running a 2.5 spring lift from Teraflex since October and it's done what I've asked. But I'm ready to move up to 37's and a bit more clearance underneath.

I Wanted everyone's take on components as there are a lot of options out there. I'm thinking EVO 4" enforcer with their drag link flip and fox shocks ( I get stupid good deals on fox). I see the Enforcer comes with front lower CA's. What about rear control arms? I already have an adjustable front track bar. Anything else im missing? Drivelines are already sorted as well.

And for those wondering about my D30, the 37's won't go on until the Dynatrac PR44 shows up hopefully sometime next month.

Rear lower control arms aren't necessary and so the kit is sold without them. If you're replacing your rear drive shaft, you will need adjustable rear uppers to set your pinion angle but that's it. Of course, if you have money to spend, having 8 adjustable control arms is nice to have and they'll allow you to dial things more exactly.

benatc1

Hooked
I've been happy with my evo 4". When I switched everything out from a 3" teraflex with fox shocks I wasn't completely happy with the ride until I switched to ranchos and I liked the ride better- but understand ride quality is 100% subjective so you may like the combo- only 1 way to find out

zimm

Caught the Bug
If you cut your fenders, the evo 3" works with 37's. I personally hated the fox IPF's paired with the plush ride springs. I went with Kings. If I couldn't afford kings, I'd get rancho 9000 adjustables.

View attachment 262475

AZ Explorer

Caught the Bug
Interesting, two guys not really happy with the Fox shocks. I wonder then if the Fox's valving is more suited to a stiffer spring?

When I had a 3.5 lift it drove well without a draglink flip, but as I understand it, that can vary from Jeep to Jeep. Once I bumped up to 4.5 the flip was mandatory because it drove like total garbage afterwards. The nice thing is with the 3" you can try it and see. If you feel you need it, you can put it on later as it is a very easy add on. Unless you go weld on which is obviously somewhat more difficult depending on skill and access to a welder.

zimm

Caught the Bug
Interesting, two guys not really happy with the Fox shocks. I wonder then if the Fox's valving is more suited to a stiffer spring?

When I had a 3.5 lift it drove well without a draglink flip, but as I understand it, that can vary from Jeep to Jeep. Once I bumped up to 4.5 the flip was mandatory because it drove like total garbage afterwards. The nice thing is with the 3" you can try it and see. If you feel you need it, you can put it on later as it is a very easy add on. Unless you go weld on which is obviously somewhat more difficult depending on skill and access to a welder.

Fox was awesome on rock Krawler springs. With soft plushrides, not so much. Too little rebound and stiff compression. I'd hit a rise in the road, and the jeep would shoot up, then hang, creating what I call "head toss" when driving on uneven roads. They worked fine for off-road on the trails, just couldn't stand them on the street. When stopping, the fox would bob a couple of times. The kings, I can stop, not ease up on the brake, and no bob..

Judesign

Caught the Bug
I really am enjoying the 4 inch enforcer with 37s. I don't have experience with fox shocks but when I was considering them the reviews were largely positive but it's so subjective opinions almost don't mean much. I've got the kings and feel the entire setup is great.

TFD

If you cut your fenders, the evo 3" works with 37's. I personally hated the fox IPF's paired with the plush ride springs. I went with Kings. If I couldn't afford kings, I'd get rancho 9000 adjustables.

View attachment 262475

Looks great. I'm planning on moving up to 37s with the 3" enforcer and chopped fenders. If it doesn't work out, I'll pick up the 4" coils and bump stops.

seansheds

I installed the 4" last weekend with the RS9000's. I've been playing with different settings the past few days and I think I've found the sweet spot. So far the ride is really good and once the springs settle it should be even better. I definitely got more than 4" with stock rear bumper and fairly light front bumper. I plan to go to 37's so I just went 4" from the start.

IMG_7395.jpg

Blackhawkip

I went through all the different options for my lift. I ended up going w essentially the 4" Enforcer but without the Enforcer springs. Why? My Jeep is very heavy and Drew recommended the AEV or RK springs. I went 4.5" AEV springs only. Did all 8 EVO short arms, king 2.5 w adj, king bumps front and rear, and JE Reel fr/rr drive shafts. Lots of other stuff to go along w the 37s like Dynatrac PR44/brakes, RSC axles shafts, PSC big bore kit, etc. etc.
I could not be happier w the result. For me, this was a better route than coilovers.
Just build/buy for your application and use. "Buy right once-Pain only once"

Blackhawkip

I went through all the different options for my lift. I ended up going w essentially the 4" Enforcer but without the Enforcer springs. Why? My Jeep is very heavy and Drew recommended the AEV or RK springs. I went 4.5" AEV springs only. Did all 8 EVO short arms, king 2.5 w adj, king bumps front and rear, and JE Reel fr/rr drive shafts. Lots of other stuff to go along w the 37s like Dynatrac PR44/brakes, RSC axles shafts, PSC big bore kit, etc. etc.
I could not be happier w the result. For me, this was a better route than coilovers.
Just build/buy for your application and use. "Buy right once-Pain only once"

Image1496977384.016067.jpg

Thanks for all the awesome info guys. Lots to chew on but I think EVO is the way to go for me. I am going to try the Fox shocks and see how it turns out. If that doesn't fit my needs I will scratch and save for some kings.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Thanks for all the awesome info guys. Lots to chew on but I think EVO is the way to go for me. I am going to try the Fox shocks and see how it turns out. If that doesn't fit my needs I will scratch and save for some kings.

If you don't want the kings then the rancho 9000's are a great choice as well

Pursesnatcher

Top Bottom