Engine Temp

Hey Everyone,

So this may seem weird but i have no fluid leaks, busted radiator or rust and the inlet is clean as a whisle and there in no air in the system but my rig will jump to 230 and then 5 seconds later drop to 204 and the 194, and when we are traveling long distance it stays at 224 and with the air on it stays the same any advice or solutions.

Thanks, Daniel

jb0215066

I was having this problem in my 07 jku Sahara. Sometime after this it began over heating.
Same here with no leaks.
Turns out that the water pump, having plastic composite find, somehow came apart or wore down to where there were basically none. Therefor not doing a very good job pushing coolant through.

The other thing I could think of is that you might have air in the system, this would explain the jumping up and down in temp. When it goes high, your water pump is just pushing bubbles, then when it picks up liquid again, it cools down. Maybe not enough to over heat all the way but enough to get warm.
If you turn your heat on high and it works sometimes but then seems to cool down, same thing

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

I was having this problem in my 07 jku Sahara. Sometime after this it began over heating.
Same here with no leaks.
Turns out that the water pump, having plastic composite find, somehow came apart or wore down to where there were basically none. Therefor not doing a very good job pushing coolant through.

The other thing I could think of is that you might have air in the system, this would explain the jumping up and down in temp. When it goes high, your water pump is just pushing bubbles, then when it picks up liquid again, it cools down. Maybe not enough to over heat all the way but enough to get warm.
If you turn your heat on high and it works sometimes but then seems to cool down, same thing

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Thanks for the info i will look into that and if that is the case the dealer will be paying for that i only have 26,679 on her and she has a good warranty.

Top Bottom