Off center steering wheel

Deathmask

What would cause my steering wheel to continually get off center while every day driving on the road? I re-center it and it's back out of whack the next day or two.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

jesse3638

Hooked
Just stop running into curbs and hitting crazy large potholes...:crazyeyes:. In all seriousness whats been mentioned above or possibly worn DL or TR ends?

Deathmask

Just stop running into curbs and hitting crazy large potholes...:crazyeyes:.

Oh yeah I'll try that haha.

I was wondering about the drag link being worn out. I just replaced the tie rod on the drivers side. Could a work out drag link cause occasional death wobble?

And the drag link adjuster sleeve is torqued properly. I checked that before I re-centered it the other day.

MF3R

What year and how many miles are on your rig? Mine has about 40k on it and lately I've noticed the wheel off to the right a little. Checking things out my pitman arm has some play in it as well as my track bar has some slop in it. I don't wheel it what I would consider hard but it gets bounced around a bit and I hit trails a couple times a month...some not so forgiving. Basically what I'm trying to say is you've probably got some slop/play in a couple things. Little here and a little there between a couple of components it all adds up. Just my two cents

Top Bottom