Recommend a 35' street wheel/tires setup for florida?

zimm

Caught the Bug
I know, what's wrong with me? I sold my AEV wheels with 315 duratracs to my sister for her jk. I'm now running 37x13.5 Cooper SST Pros on Chamber Pro 2 beadlocks. While they're going to handle my off-road duties for the next couple of months, I'm re-locating to Miami in August for 2-3 years and I really don't want to deal with the trade-off of this wheel/tire set for street use only.

So... What's a good AT/street tire in a 35 to run on a 4.5 backspace wheel (to clear my king shocks). I'm thinking BFG A/T, Nitto Trail grabber, etc. Something light and good on the road. When it's time for the rare off-road trip, swap in the 37's and good to go.

Edit: I'm thinking some 35x12.5r17 Toyo open country AT II's and method 17x8.5 wheels. 4.75 b.s. is better than the AEV's which were 5.2.

Last edited:

jagrubb99

I have the Toyo's and really like them. Have right at 30k miles on them and they are wearing fine. They are one of the more aggressive A/T's in my opinion which I like.

AZ Explorer

Caught the Bug
I've kind of been digging the Nitto Ridge Grapplers lately. Wheels are hard to say because of preferences on looks are so varied.

JS-CHLLN

Im here in Miami and have Moto Metal 20x9 with 35x12.5x20's and it satisfies my on and off roading down here and there are plenty of great spots here with the everglades. Hit me up when you arrive, looking for a set up similar to what you have, lets talk 20170603_094435.jpg LS24.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935P using WAYALIFE mobile app

zimm

Caught the Bug
Im here in Miami and have Moto Metal 20x9 with 35x12.5x20's and it satisfies my on and off roading down here and there are plenty of great spots here with the everglades. Hit me up when you arrive, looking for a set up similar to what you have, lets talk View attachment 262970 View attachment 262971

Sent from my SM-G935P using WAYALIFE mobile app

Dude, if there's wheeling down there, I'll keep what I got. Thought I'd be stuck on the street. Please PM ME.

DeJkUnlimited

Caught the Bug
Recently I recommended the Mastercraft Courser CXT to a friend based off of my experience with my MXTs. She loves them. They have an aggressive appearance and are silent. Just throwing out an alternative.

onebadtwo

I daily 35 STT Pros here in Jacksonville. They work pretty good for me! I normally try to get into the Ocala National Forrest at least once a month.

madstiles

Cooper st maxx great tire on and off road. I live in the pan handle and they have been good in the crazy rain, sand, mud ect. They are a aggressive all terrain and not loud like most.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using WAYALIFE mobile app

zimm

Caught the Bug
I ended up ordering a set of Toyo Open country AT2's in 35x12.5R17 on fuel trophy wheels (4.5 backspace). Got them at a good price. The plan is to run them as my daily driver wheels and when it's time for an offroad trip, swap in the 37" coopers.

It's my only vehicle/daily driver so for me the compromises were a little much for how little I think I will off-road down in Miami. Cheaper than buying a second car.

Clutch

Caught the Bug
I ended up ordering a set of Toyo Open country AT2's in 35x12.5R17 on fuel trophy wheels (4.5 backspace). Got them at a good price. The plan is to run them as my daily driver wheels and when it's time for an offroad trip, swap in the 37" coopers.

It's my only vehicle/daily driver so for me the compromises were a little much for how little I think I will off-road down in Miami. Cheaper than buying a second car.
Actually the Toyo AT's look pretty aggressive when you move to the bigger sizes. I think you made a good call.

Sent from my XT1080 using WAYALIFE mobile app

catahoula

Caught the Bug
Recently I recommended the Mastercraft Courser CXT to a friend based off of my experience with my MXTs. She loves them. They have an aggressive appearance and are silent. Just throwing out an alternative.

I second the Mastercraft's. I got about 3000 on them very happy. They are an aggressive looking tire. I love the hmmmm when driving down the road. I have 295's set at 30 PSI. They seem to be wearing well. They are a Cooper made tire and a heck of a lot cheaper! They are available in a 315 and 35 I believe. I would see no problem getting a M/T especially if they are sipped.

Edit.....Courser MXT's.

mastrcruse

I've run my 325/65-18 duratracs for nearly 35k miles and multiple wheeling trips. I drive about 50-75 miles a day and they have been fantastic. They are great for daily driving. Until I go to 40's, I'll be running duratracs. When I move to 40's by the end of this year, I'll run Trail Grapplers.

OkieDeke

For daily driver work, am loving the 35" Nitto Ridge Grappler. Very very quiet, awesome hybrid tire with great road manners, and off-road appeal while still maintaining that Nitto aggressive sidewall.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using WAYALIFE mobile app

chipper

I'm here in central Fl. There is a Florida thread on here, you should check it out. I run Toyo M/T and they seem to be lasting pretty good for my DD. There is some wheeling here, not like out west but we do what we can.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom