JK comfort

alpinhi

Hello Everyone!
I am new to the forum and wanted to say hi. I'm not new to Jeeps, I currently own a 05 Unlimited Rubicon that moderately built. Its time for me to let the TJUR go so I can haul the kiddos on daily basis and on road trips. My wife had a 07 JKUX for awhile. I really liked the Jeep except it felt like I needed a arm rest or a taller center console to rest my arm while driving long distance. Has anyone else noticed this or am I just being a wuss. I test drove 07 JKUR yesterday and felt the same way again. Does anyone know of upgraded front seats or consoles that make the long road trips more comfy. I think 2011 and up have a taller center console but I haven't driven one and they may still be out of my price range anyway. Thanks in advance!
Travis

OH9JK

I understand exactly. My first "mod" was a set of arm rests and a center console pad!

:yup:

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Welcome to Wayalife!:standing wave:

They did redesign the interior in 11's and up. As for a solution, it would be expensive, but you could get some mastercraft seats as they sit a bit lower then stock. But there around $1200 I believe.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Oh, you're not alone. The newer 2011-up JK's fixed the problem but, the 07-10's were definitely missing in this area. I would recommend you look into Misch as they sell some arm rests and center console pads that will help a lot. Or, consider getting a Tuffy Center console insert as it has a much taller pad.

MTG

Caught the Bug
Welcome! :standing wave:

I really like the 2011+ interior. I've taken several 500+ mile road trips and have no complaints.

alpinhi

Thanks for the welcome and info. I was thinking about the Tuffy to begin with but didnt know if it was actually taller or not. I also test drove a FJ Cruiser on 35's this guy had on the lot just to do it. It made me sick because it was so comfortable but I just cant give the lack of offroad capability for a arm rest.

Top Bottom