Front "spotter" camera mounting location?

zimm

Caught the Bug
My Pioneer 8200 NEX head unit can take a second camera input, I'm interested in running a front "spotter" cam. Why? Well why not? We run with spotters, but sometimes it would be nice to actually see what the front tires are doing. Has anyone done this? Is it worthwhile? Where do you mount it? Forward looking back? in the back looking forward? Waste of time and effort?

Rottenbelly

I did the forward camera on both my jeeps. It has been handy for drop offs and such where I can't see anything but sky.
Both are mounted on my winch with double sided tape.
Also helps when pulling in garage to make sure if far in enough for the door to clear the tire carrier.

Casey_250

I was thinking of mounting one around the transmission facing forward to see my wheels. They are cheap enough that if it takes a rock I can just swap another in.

bearisloco

My Pioneer 8200 NEX head unit can take a second camera input, I'm interested in running a front "spotter" cam. Why? Well why not? We run with spotters, but sometimes it would be nice to actually see what the front tires are doing. Has anyone done this? Is it worthwhile? Where do you mount it? Forward looking back? in the back looking forward? Waste of time and effort?

I have the same unit in mine. I was thinking of mounting it in the middle, facing downward on the slant of the front bumper. The pioneer camera that matches the unit has a wide enough angle to see from both sides.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

zimm

Caught the Bug
I would hit a tree trying to look at all of that!

Sounds like I need to buy a cheap bullet camera and experiment on where to put it.

Top Bottom