Beefing up a stock D30 axle questions

Showroom

Hi all. I just picked up a stock 2012 jk and have a few questions on whats absolutely necessary to beef up a stock D30. My goal for this jeep is light to medium wheeling, running 35's and will be hopefully be completed and ready for Moab next year.
Ive seen many companies offering different gussets for the C's and is this a part I should consider? also sleeving the tubes and control arm skids? All of these seem fairly inexpensive and it sounds like a little insurance to make that axle last a little longer. Any other mods you can point me towards would be great.

MTG

Caught the Bug
I have EVO C gussets and control arm skids on my 44. Not planning to do anything else. :thumb:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Hi all. I just picked up a stock 2012 jk and have a few questions on whats absolutely necessary to beef up a stock D30. My goal for this jeep is light to medium wheeling, running 35's and will be hopefully be completed and ready for Moab next year.
Ive seen many companies offering different gussets for the C's and is this a part I should consider? also sleeving the tubes and control arm skids? All of these seem fairly inexpensive and it sounds like a little insurance to make that axle last a little longer. Any other mods you can point me towards would be great.

For your setup and for what you plan on doing, C's are a must. Sleeve are cheap insurance but, far from necessary. Certainly, I don't run any and really, I would put the money you'd spend on them and get chromoly shafts with full circle clips instead. Control arm skids are nice but not necessary.

1BAMFR

Here's a couple pics from today!

Dana30...gussets, sleeves, RCV axles, locker, 4.88's, 37's....lovin' it!!!

2013-02-10_13-37-52_283_zpsb5280f5f.jpg

2013-02-10_13-38-04_391_zps0424093d.jpg

2013-02-10_13-39-04_979_zps161dc3ce.jpg

Showroom

Thanks for the info. Sounds like gussets for sure and most likely skids only because I've destroyed the mounts on my xj so now I have to get new ones welded on.

Top Bottom