Adjustable Tracks Bars

Azblackdog13

Hey guys, me again, maybe with another stupid question. Recently put a 2.5" suspension lift on my 2013JK ultd sport. Added adjustable track bars. how critical is it to get adjustment on those spot on? Meaning, within an half an inch or less from drivers side to passengers side. Jeep rides nice steers straight after wheel alignment. any tips? thank you

mo0s3

I believe the factory specs on those is the starting point and you make adjustments for Caster and pinyon angle from there. I don't think having a half inch difference would be a good thing tho, but i could be wrong lol
Edit: lol i thought we were talking control arms [emoji23], disregard my failure to read correctly while drunk [emoji13]

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Hey guys, me again, maybe with another stupid question. Recently put a 2.5" suspension lift on my 2013JK ultd sport. Added adjustable track bars. how critical is it to get adjustment on those spot on? Meaning, within an half an inch or less from drivers side to passengers side. Jeep rides nice steers straight after wheel alignment. any tips? thank you

LOL!! It's about as critical as not installing an adjustable track bar at all. Depending on how loaded up you are or how empty, the position of your axles will still change - it's just the nature of the beast with track bars being that they're connected at the frame on one side and on the axle on the other.

madstiles

LOL!! It's about as critical as not installing an adjustable track bar at all. Depending on how loaded up you are or how empty, the position of your axles will still change - it's just the nature of the beast with track bars being that they're connected at the frame on one side and on the axle on the other.
Haha mine was dead nuts until I filled it up with gas [emoji12]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
If parts aren't rubbing, you're good. Cycle the axle to make sure parts aren't rubbing when stuffed or drooped.

jeeeep

Hooked
if you have an adjustable track bar in the front and it's off, have someone turn the wheel full side to side and make sure you're not rubbing a brake line. plus doing what was recommended with cycling the axle

also have someone back up the jeep real slow at full right /left turn .

that's how I found the noise I'd hear once in a while - tire tread edge was catching the brake line at full left while backing up.

F

Fionayeti

Yikes

If the adjustable track bars aren't spot on, then your suspension isn't cycling like it's designed to. Get the track bars right, tight and even!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
If the adjustable track bars aren't spot on, then your suspension isn't cycling like it's designed to. Get the track bars right, tight and even!

LOL!! Right, because a track bar that is "spot on" while you're outside measuring it will keep your axle exactly in the same place once you're in your Jeep with 3 other people, a full tank of gas and loaded up with gear. This is to say nothing about where your axle will be positioned as it gets compressed up or drops out. :crazyeyes:

Andy5160

Hooked
LOL!! Right, because a track bar that is "spot on" while you're outside measuring it will keep your axle exactly in the same place once you're in your Jeep with 3 other people, a full tank of gas and loaded up with gear. This is to say nothing about where your axle will be positioned as it gets compressed up or drops out. :crazyeyes:

Eddie,

I always get a kick out of your track bar yay or nay explanation!!!!!!!!!!!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Eddie,

I always get a kick out of your track bar yay or nay explanation!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL!! Well, unless you're running a triangulated 4-link, tri-link or even watts link setup, your axle will always shift to one side or the other as it moves up and down. It's just the nature of the beast when it comes to track bars being that they're mounted to the frame rail on one side of your Jeep and on the axle on the other. :crazyeyes:

jknikos

I run the stock trackbars with 2,5 inches of lift. Axles are a little of (only trained eye will know) but no other problem at all except the weak stock bushings.

bouche03

I believe the factory specs on those is the starting point and you make adjustments for Caster and pinyon angle from there. I don't think having a half inch difference would be a good thing tho, but i could be wrong lol

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Caster and pinion is not effected by track bars. You are thinking CONTROL ARMS

Top Bottom