5.13 Gears

TxRubiGrl

I am in the market to change my Rubicon Gears from 4.10 to 5.13. I have read many threads on this topic but I am curious to know what should I expect to pay to have this done.
Thank you in advance.

MTG

Caught the Bug
Welcome!

I've seen prices vary widely. Anywhere from $1K to 2K with most falling about in the middle. That's for gears and labor.

Good luck!

TxRubiGrl

Thank ya'll for the welcome comments.
I guess Texas is a little more pricey then the rest of the country because I finally did a little research and it seems most places are between 1800-2200 for labor and parts.

Texas autoshops must be really really proud of their work :)

MTG

Caught the Bug
I guess Texas is a little more pricey then the rest of the country because I finally did a little research and it seems most places are between 1800-2200 for labor and parts.

Everything is bigger in Texas...including the bills!

StrizzyChris

Well crap! Save urself $1200 and road trip to SoCal! Itll pay for ur gas, food and lodging! You could hit a couple trails along the way :yup:

Sent from a migrant connectivity device

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass

You could look at buying your own gears and install kits. Maybe it will be a little bit cheaper.

woggie

I am in NTX and put 5.13s in my TJ Rubicon with 35s over the Summer for about $1300. Made a huge difference in "performance" but not MPG.

Sent from my PC36100 using WAYALIFE mobile app

TxRubiGrl

Thank you all for the opinions.

I will however not be making a special road trip to cali just for the gears..lol...But I however am transferring sometime in the next couple of months and may (small chance) get a station or cutter in California!!! Im hoping for southern cal.

I have talked to a couple people about installing them myself (getting friends to help of course) and honestly I do not know if I feel comfortable enough on installing them myself. It seems like a difficult task.

I am still doing a little more research and doing a lot of saving before I pull the plug on anything.

Thanks again for all the advice!!

Top Bottom