JKS vs EVO Draglink Flip

whytiptoe

Trying to see what the difference, if there is any, between the JKS and EVO draglink flip kit. Trying to decide if it is worth spending the extra $90 to go with the EVO system.

VeruGE*144

Caught the Bug
I don't think there is a difference. They all do the same thing. I had AEV, now I have Synergy and I don't see any difference. Good kits usually have factory right hand drag link. Also there might be a difference in metal used for the raised bracket. Both JKS and EVO are very reputable brands.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Whatever kit you go with, I would highly recommend that you have the track bar relocation bracket burned on. If you don't and if you actually play as hard as you'd like to believe you do, the odds of you tearing it off your axle will be very high. I have personally seen a number of bolted on kits of various makes break or tear off over the years. The problem is that a few of the bolts are near impossible to check on a regular basis and the forces applied by the track bar WILL cause them to come loose. This will lead to enough slop to cause a break.

whytiptoe

Whatever kit you go with, I would highly recommend that you have the track bar relocation bracket burned on. If you don't and if you actually play as hard as you'd like to believe you do, the odds of you tearing it off your axle will be very high. I have personally seen a number of bolted on kits of various makes break or tear off over the years. The problem is that a few of the bolts are near impossible to check on a regular basis and the forces applied by the track bar WILL cause them to come loose. This will lead to enough slop to cause a break.

Thanks Eddie, I totally understand that. The less bolts I have to check the better!! Just wanted to make sure that there was not a clearance conflict or something sub quality about the kit. Looks like I'll be ok to save some cash then.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks Eddie, I totally understand that. The less bolts I have to check the better!! Just wanted to make sure that there was not a clearance conflict or something sub quality about the kit. Looks like I'll be ok to save some cash then.

Yup, unless you can only have certain brands on your Jeep, you should be fine with saving some cash :yup:

Top Bottom