Evo 3" Plush Coils

jorgelrod

Hooked
I've been running the ProComp 2.5 lift for a little over 3 years, they've netted me 3 inches of lift for the longest time. I've been recently considering buying a set of Evo 3" plush Coils, question to those running these. Do these set at 3" or like my Procomps, do these end up higher than the 3 inches?

tgoss

Quite honestly the consensus with the plush rides on the JKU is to bump up to a 4" coil. You'll find you may bottom out fairly easily with 3" fully loaded rig because the spring rates are quite soft. Lots of threads on this very subject.

jorgelrod

Hooked
Quite honestly the consensus with the plush rides on the JKU is to bump up to a 4" coil. You'll find you may bottom out fairly easily with 3" fully loaded rig because the spring rates are quite soft. Lots of threads on this very subject.

I see, right now, with my jeep the way it is with the 2.5" lift and 35's my wife has a bit of a struggle to get in since she's 5' 2". So I'm trying to stay right about this height and get a cushier ride, from what I'm seeing, since I still have Rock rails and a couple of things I haven't installed yet, I should wait and see where the jeep settles with the extra weight before spending some coin I might end up wasting...

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
I see, right now, with my jeep the way it is with the 2.5" lift and 35's my wife has a bit of a struggle to get in since she's 5' 2". So I'm trying to stay right about this height and get a cushier ride, from what I'm seeing, since I still have Rock rails and a couple of things I haven't installed yet, I should wait and see where the jeep settles with the extra weight before spending some coin I might end up wasting...

my wife is 5'1" and she has NO problems jumping into my jeep... just tell her to hike her skirt up... I'm on 4" of lift and 37s... :idontknow:

BaddestCross

My wife's 4'11" and has issues getting in Fiona with a 2.5" lift and 35s. I carry a fold-flat stool for those times it's just not doable for her. It's gonna get interesting when I eventually go up to 3.5-4" lift and 37s. 😂😂

Sent from my SM-N915P using WAYALIFE mobile app

VeruGE*144

Caught the Bug
I just switched form 4.5" Aev to 4"evo coils. I get exactly 4" with EVO springs. I had 5-1/4 with Aev
I can imagine that 3" Evo coils will actually give you 3", but like others said you should probably go with 4" for a jku

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

BananaJeep

Caught the Bug
My wife doesn't have any trouble getting in my Jeep....

Oh wait, that's right. I'm single and have no kids :bleh:

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
Unless the Jeep is very heavy, a lot of people run 3" with 35's, but 3" probably won't be enough for 37's. There are threads all over about it.

PROJKUR

Unless the Jeep is very heavy, a lot of people run 3" with 35's, but 3" probably won't be enough for 37's. There are threads all over about it.

Hey hey hey. Who said 3" can't handle 37's? That's what I'm running now. No issues at all. Maybe another inch of uptravel could be useful but I'm happy as of right now.

notnalc68

Hey hey hey. Who said 3" can't handle 37's? That's what I'm running now. No issues at all. Maybe another inch of uptravel could be useful but I'm happy as of right now.

Wrong. I'm running 3" plush rides. With cut fenders, just enough room to stuff a huge Cooper 37x13.5R17 tire.

View attachment 264282

View attachment 264283

Here's how they look with 35's. I think 4" will be way too much for 35's.

View attachment 264284

Not exactly wrong, because a lot of members feel differently, but it would also depend on the weight of the rig. The OP has 35's and 3" should be plenty. I've got plenty of room for 35's on a leveling kit.

IMG_9308.jpg

zimm

Caught the Bug
...but 3" probably won't be enough for 37's.

This is what I'm staying is wrong. Incorrect info and you're guessing anyway by saying "probably". Sure 4" will work, but so will 3" if you cut the fenders for 37's. And the 3" springs are plenty for 35's with full fenders. Just clearing up the facts.

notnalc68

This is what I'm staying is wrong. Incorrect info and you're guessing anyway by saying "probably". Sure 4" will work, but so will 3" if you cut the fenders for 37's. And the 3" springs are plenty for 35's with full fenders. Just clearing up the facts.

And I'm still not wrong. It depends on how heavy the JK is. Some of the guys out west, have felt that 3" was not enough for 37's, when their rigs were loaded with gear. If I go to 37's I can just about guarantee it will be with a 3" Enforcer. At any rate, the OP has 35's.

PROJKUR

And I'm still not wrong. It depends on how heavy the JK is. Some of the guys out west, have felt that 3" was not enough for 37's, when their rigs were loaded with gear. If I go to 37's I can just about guarantee it will be with a 3" Enforcer. At any rate, the OP has 35's.

Right! I could definitely see how some would prefer the 4" coils when all loaded down and fully armored up! [emoji482]

Top Bottom