Could someone throw an Amazon link up to a set of good lug nuts?

J

JKDream

I'm looking to replace all of my lug nuts because the stock ones are crap. I'm looking for ones that won't bend/crack/swell under the pressure of an impact.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Any generic lug nut that doesn't have a cap on it like the factory due ones will work.
You shouldn't be using an impact anyway though, it's not the lug nuts that stress it's the wheel studs.

pedroj14

I'm looking to replace all of my lug nuts because the stock ones are crap. I'm looking for ones that won't bend/crack/swell under the pressure of an impact.

Thanks!

I have run these for about 3 years and are still going strong.

DPAccessories LCB3B2HE-BK04020 20 Black 1/2-20 Closed End Bulge Acorn Lug Nuts - Cone Seat - 3/4" Hex Wheel Lug Nut https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00JNEAQIA/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_7ZwszbJWDR73R

J

JKDream

No kidding, dude. My friend had a flat on his F-150. We bent his lug wrench, and bent a 4 way, we borrowed trying to loosen them. Had to stand on the wrench, to break them.

Same. I had a tire shop that was doing a balance and impacted the tire back onto the carrier. Caused the splines to slip in the bracket and you couldn't take it off. Had to weld the studs to the back plate and use a breaker bar with a six foot extension.

VeruGE*144

Caught the Bug
I hate when some ignorant bastard at discount tires uses the impact on my wheels after rebalancing. I want to punch them in face. I used to have a set of spline gorilla lug nuts, they lasted about 2 rotations. Those cocksukers pounded them in and out with the impact. Last time I went and even though I gave them the key for he lock which has one less splice. When I got my jeep back I asked for my key and they said I never gave them one and that there are no locks on my wheels. They pounded their own gorilla key onto my locks and destroyed them. I barely got them off.
Anyway after any wheel/tires service I always break the wheel free then reseat it and torque to spec in a cross cross pattern of course

AZ Explorer

Caught the Bug
As long as they are using the torque limiting extensions, it's no problem using an impact. Problem is, not everyone uses them. Usually new guys don't have all the tools or knowledge. I always ask for the guy with the most years of experience and I have them walk me through at the end. I also make sure my instructions are on the work-order including where to find the wheel lock key and to torque by hand. My discount guys know I'm a fussy customer with my Jeep, but I'm not a dick about it so they go the extra mile and that's why they get all my business.

BobNH

I have run these for about 3 years and are still going strong.

DPAccessories LCB3B2HE-BK04020 20 Black 1/2-20 Closed End Bulge Acorn Lug Nuts - Cone Seat - 3/4" Hex Wheel Lug Nut https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00JNEAQIA/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_7ZwszbJWDR73R
Haha, the name looked familiar so I clicked the link. Amazon says I putchased these May 24, 2015. They were still in perfect shape and fit when they and my TJ went out to pasture.

Sent from my SM-N910V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom