Jks control armcorrection bracket

aermotor

Most likely, you won't find anyone here using them. We're trying to gain clearance, not make it worse. Adjustable control arms will do the trick to fix any flighty steering you might have after a lift.

What issue are you having that has you looking at these?

toyotire

they do work. they help correct caster and flatten the control arms out for a smoother ride over sharp edged pavement. They do however sacrifice ground clearance so if ultimate ground clearance is your goal then there are better ways to correct caster like adjustable control arms. For mid level wheeling they do great (things like the Rubicon Trail they will do fine anything tougher they might be a hinderance) For daily drivers that are not hardcore they work well. JKS, Rancho, AEV, Rubicon Express all make variations of geo brackets. JKS generally is nice quality.

J

JKDream

Most likely, you won't find anyone here using them. We're trying to gain clearance, not make it worse. Adjustable control arms will do the trick to fix any flighty steering you might have after a lift.

Agreed. Friend has them on his two door. Smashes them every ride out. They frequently come loose as well.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using WAYALIFE mobile app

toyotire

Agreed. Friend has them on his two door. Smashes them every ride out. They frequently come loose as well.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using WAYALIFE mobile app

I can see how someone who is not picking proper lines or if doing some major rock crawling could/would smash them but if they are properly torqued they should not come loose. Again I don't do the extreme rock crawling so for me they work great and have no come loose. I do retorq my suspension components every 5000 miles or so tho just as a precaution altho things are rarely if ever loose. I guess a person needs to be honest with how they are going to use their rig whether or not they would be a good choice.

fiend

Caught the Bug
they do work. they help correct caster and flatten the control arms out for a smoother ride over sharp edged pavement. They do however sacrifice ground clearance so if ultimate ground clearance is your goal then there are better ways to correct caster like adjustable control arms. For mid level wheeling they do great (things like the Rubicon Trail they will do fine anything tougher they might be a hinderance) For daily drivers that are not hardcore they work well. JKS, Rancho, AEV, Rubicon Express all make variations of geo brackets. JKS generally is nice quality.

I would be interested to see how these fare on the Rubicon Trail. [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

toyotire

I would be interested to see how these fare on the Rubicon Trail. [emoji23]

they fared well. we had 3 sets in our group one on a 2 door with 3.5" lift and 35's and 2 sets on 4 doors with 2.5" lifts and 35's. We are careful spotters and we roll slow and sure. none of us had any issues related to the brackets.
IMG_0747_zpsarx3dvbo.jpg

IMG_0749_zpswbfgxjhl.jpg

Last edited:
J

JKDream

I can see how someone who is not picking proper lines or if doing some major rock crawling could/would smash them but if they are properly torqued they should not come loose. Again I don't do the extreme rock crawling so for me they work great and have no come loose. I do retorq my suspension components every 5000 miles or so tho just as a precaution altho things are rarely if ever loose. I guess a person needs to be honest with how they are going to use their rig whether or not they would be a good choice.
It depends though. Sometimes you slip off a rock and shit happens. We've used lock tight and always torqued to spec. They loosen the upper bolts from the leverage. Same as an unwelded track bar bracket.

Edit: there has been a few cases of the brackets shearing apart from the above as well.

Last edited by a moderator:

toyotire

It depends though. Sometimes you slip off a rock and shit happens. We've used lock tight and always torqued to spec. They loosen the upper bolts from the leverage. Same as an unwelded track bar bracket.

Edit: there has been a few cases of the brackets shearing apart from the above as well.

No doubt sh*t can and does happen, I have been lucky so far. Everyone has to use what they are comfortable with. They both have over 60,000 miles on them and have done lots of mid level trails. I don't do hardcore trails and for my personal comfort level the Rubicon Trail or a trail like Golden spike or behind the rocks trails in Moab are at the height of my comfort level with how my jeep is set up ie 2.5" lift and 35's. I agree big rocks and geo brackets are probably a bad idea.

J

JKDream

No doubt sh*t can and does happen, I have been lucky so far. Everyone has to use what they are comfortable with. They both have over 60,000 miles on them and have done lots of mid level trails. I don't do hardcore trails and for my personal comfort level the Rubicon Trail or a trail like Golden spike or behind the rocks trails in Moab are at the height of my comfort level with how my jeep is set up ie 2.5" lift and 35's. I agree big rocks and geo brackets are probably a bad idea.
Yeah I hear you. I bounce my JK a lot when I wheel so shit breaks/loosens a lot. Glad to hear they're working out for you.

Last edited by a moderator:

robx251

Caught the Bug

I was just wondering if anyone had them. I am not trying to fix anything. I thought it would be an interesting data point.

After reading the thread thus far it seems as though there had been some success with them.

Sent from my LG-M210 using WAYALIFE mobile app

DWiggles

Caught the Bug

Attachments

• 61321396.jpg
    61321396.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
As you can see, the guys who've chosen to buy these will swear by them. Do they work, yes. I have personally seen ones like the kind that AEV make tear apart? Yes. Do they get beat to all hell? Yes. Are there better solutions to these brackets? Yes and I would recommend you look into them instead of lowering a point on your Jeep that WILL get hit in spite of how awesome of a driver you are and this especially after spending a good sum of money RAISING points like this up. Of course, that's just me.

mrjoe90

I installed this set on a 2.5" on 35" 4dr and noticed a huge difference immediately driving on road. After adding my lift, driving over an ant would send a jolt into the cab and my driveline vibration was pretty bad. After the geo install, my arms flattened out and caster returned to a suitable state, the ride is way more comfortable and my vibrations are 98% gone. My build is more overland(and my daily) than rock crawler so in all of my instances, they have faired out great! We are planning a Rubicon trip soon so we'll see how they fair out there but so far very impressed!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I installed this set on a 2.5" on 35" 4dr and noticed a huge difference immediately driving on road. After adding my lift, driving over an ant would send a jolt into the cab and my driveline vibration was pretty bad. After the geo install, my arms flattened out and caster returned to a suitable state, the ride is way more comfortable and my vibrations are 98% gone. My build is more overland(and my daily) than rock crawler so in all of my instances, they have faired out great! We are planning a Rubicon trip soon so we'll see how they fair out there but so far very impressed!

Nobody is suggesting they don't work, just that it seems silly to LOWER a point that DOES get hit all the time especially after paying good money to RAISE points like this up.

aermotor

In my current JK that I bought used some guy had them on, as he had a cheap lift and 35s. I was surprised at how well mannered it was on the road. But I'm not only driving on the road and I don't want junk hanging lower and getting beat up/ripped off and jeopardizing other stuff on my JK or stranding me. So adjustable control arms is what I did, along with I might assume the majority of others.

Top Bottom